Wednesday, September 06, 2006

As Sand Through The Hourglass...

Okay.

I know I just posted about how great the kids' first day of school was, but that was THEIR day.


MY day was a bit different...


5:53am - Alarm Goes Off

6:00ish-am - I'm up and in the shower. Ahhhhh... Nice....


6:20am - Ironing clothes for the new job. I'm ironing. And re-ironing. I really hate ironing. It's never-ending. Everything's smooth, and then - d'oh! MORE WRINKLES!! Okay, maybe that pair of pants just didn't want to be worn today. I'll go for the black ones. Yeah, they're cooperating better.

6:35am - Dressed! Brushing teeth... Viva La Sonicaire!!

6:40am - Mike is dressed, pressed, brushed, flossed, and looking & feeling great! (the crowd goes wild)


6:42am - Upstairs, packing the lunch. GOT to get back on the ol' weight loss program... So a Slim Fast, a Lean Pocket, a Banana and a Pluot. (my favorite fruit!) Best part: Really quick 'n' easy packing!!

7:02am - Ellysa and I are in the truck, heading for school!

7:08am - Why are we going so slow? It's like we're not moving at all... Well, I guess we're moving maybe one car-length per minute...

7:15am - Really. I thought we'd be at school by now. It starts at 7:30, and I need to get her there early enough to go get her colour-coordinated schedule from the lunchroom!!

7:27am - OK. We're here. Tomorrow I WILL find an alternate route. Now I'm gonna be crunched to get to work on time!!

7:58am - Suffice it to say, the drive from school to work was not smooth as butta. But at least I'm not late on day 2 of the job.

Worked straight through lunch, so much to do right now! 5:00 snuck up on me, but I was glad to see it. Got home and made dinner for the family, played Racquetball with Kaylee (she got 12 points on a 21 point game!) and came back home so she could do her homework.

Which brings me to now. 9:27pm. Tired. Very tired. Heading over to robnamy.com to see if the contest clue is posted... Then it's off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Captain Rob says the robnamy.com contest starts September 11. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!