Thursday, July 19, 2007

They did it again...

...And this time I got the camera out!!

Yes, our renegade chickens have done it again, and we discovered a rogue nest with 14 eggs in it tonight. I wasn't actually very surprised, because we'd been noticing a severe lack of the Green / Blue eggs for the last week or so.

Kaylee actually found the nest this time, and the thing that made me go "D'oh!" was that it was in an area of their yard that I *knew* would be an appealing spot for a nest... In fact, I'd checked there periodically many times, so many times that I finally quit looking. Which was apparently what they had been waiting for!

As usual, it's Ginger and Babs who are the ringleaders, although there was one small brown egg, indicating that Marzipan had at least visited the nest once... So now we know where to look, and we'll just hope that they don't go making a NEW new rogue nest.

Anybody want some eggs?? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!