Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Chance To Help Flood Victims

Cindy’s cousin Kari posted some more pictures of the devastation in Reedsburg, Wisconsin.

I know that the majority of the news coverage has been about places in Iowa, which is why I’m trying to raise awareness of the situation in Reedsburg. Her latest update sounds frighteningly similar to the flooding in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, with the worst damage happening in the low income parts of town. FEMA and the National Guard are on the scene, helping people clean out their homes, but far too many people won’t be able to replace these damaged items.

I know that this is the age of $4.35 gasoline, and milk, eggs and other groceries are also skyrocketing to unthinkable price levels, but keep in mind that many people giving small amounts can combine to create a huge amount. If you’d like to contribute to the recovery effort, checks can be sent to:

The Reedsburg Bank
201 Main St
Reedsburg, WI 53959
Attn: Reedsburg Flood Relief Account

Thanks, and in addition to donations, please keep the community in your prayers as well!

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate a man with a good sense of humor. (which you seem to have).

    And I also appreciate a man with a good heart. Thanks for this information. It should not go unnoticed.

    Just put two and two together that you are Susans brother. She told me that and I finally went Hmm.. Okay. I feel okay about commenting now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jan, Welcome Aboard!!

    Yes, Susan and I are siblings, she the 2nd oldest and me the 2nd youngest our of the 8 kids our parents raised...

    We are also largely recognized as the most humble, funniest, and all around awesome of the bunch. ;) (did I mention humble??)

    At some point in the coming months, we plan to head east to visit my mom, Susan, Donald & Lisa, and all my Mathews aunts, uncles and cousins... And if you just happened to be present at one of those get-togethers that would be great too!

    So don't just feel "okay" about commenting, feel GREAT about it! And thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blogging world is constantly amazing to me. To think that my great friend and neighbor Jan and our cousin Mike could be blogging buddies, well, I have to smile.

    I tried your 80's music challenge. I used to think I was an 80's music genius, until I listened to this. Well, you put me in my place.

    Thank you for the pictures of the devistation. I am not a TV watcher, so I haven't seen many pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debie - Did you find the answer video so you could at least see what they all were?

    If not, it's here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mike for helping with the awareness of our small town in Reedsburg, WI. I really appreciate it and I'm sure the people here would too. I know I have never met you, but I know that I would really like you. Tell Cindy that she picked a good one and that your are welcome to the normal side of the family:) She will know what I mean. Talk to you all soon.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!