Thursday, June 05, 2008

Highlight Of My Week!!

I Did It!! I got up at 4:30 this morning and got back into the R'Ball groove, after a two week absence... (thank you Zyrtec-fog and stomach flu)

Played so well I surprised myself, had a GREAT 90 minute workout, and as I was leaving, I saw a guy who works at the Y named Josh.


Josh is in the Army, and is just returned from a year (plus) in Iraq. I hadn't had a chance to say "Welcome back!" yet, but today as I was getting my wallet at the front desk, Josh was right there, so I said "Hey Josh! Welcome Back!"

He looked at me for a second, made recognition, and said....

"Wow, you've lost a LOT of weight!"

MADE MY DAY!! (And when your day is made by 6:20 in the morning, that's a good thing!)


My reply was a huge thank you, followed by proudly declaring that I'd lost about 40 pounds... to which a 3rd guy standing there mis-heard, and said "You lost a HUNDRED and forty pounds??"

Cracked me right the heck up, and I said that 140 would have left me right at 100 pounds, and I wouldn't be able to play early morning Racketball in that condition...

Thanks to Josh the Soldier, for making my day!

2 comments:

  1. FIRST!!!!! There Mike now another reason to call this a made day. I am so proud of you for working so hard and losing so much weight. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Congrats! I don't think that there is anything greater than hearing someone say you look thinner. That would make my day for sure...but there isn't really a reason for anyone to say that to me :/

    I need to follow your example and drop the 40 pounds that I picked up during pregnancies over the last 6 years. You've got me inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!