Tuesday, July 15, 2008

All In A Daze Work

*NOTE* ONLY SEVEN MORE WEEKS OF SUMMER!!

(okay, now back to the post...)

This summer morning started off as any other morning, with small children streaming in, ready for breakfast and play time. But before long, Claudia and Makenzie, my newest Puddle Jumpers, asked if I would pull their loose teeth out.

You see, it is a long standing tradition at Puddle Jumpers, for Mrs. Cindy to pull everybody's loose teeth, using her very special technique of Dental Floss and a Knot. There's a photo album of all the kids who have had teeth pulled, and as the other kids happily showed the new girls their post-op pictures, they decided that they wanted in that club too! This was pretty amazing, because they hadn't let their parents even touch their loose teeth so far!

So... Armed with rubber gloves, cotton squared, dental floss and two grape Otter Pops, I went to work!



SUCCESS!!

Later in the morning, my little Zoe unwrapped a new toy that I purchased two summers ago, but nobody was interested in. Finally, this toy's time had come, and the kids decided that it should be assembled and played with immediately.

Initially only the girls were interested - the boys were busy riding scooters and rip-sticks, and generally being stinky, sweaty boys. But when they got back to the house, and came to the back yard and saw how much fun the girls had been having without them, they jumped right in too!

The next thing I know, some neighbor kids who had been walking by, had invited themselves in to play with the Puddle Jumpers... And the backyard was filled with giggling, jumping kids, which inspired me to grab the camera and capture the moment!




So, In Review:

Water Jumprope Bought Two Years Ago: $19.99
Water Flowing for Two Hours: $insignificant
Happy, Laughing Puddle Jumpers: PRICELESS!!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful daughter you have. I want one of those priceless puddle jumpers. That looks awesome. Where did you find such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!! A water jump rope....I never would have thought of that. I bet it's going to be a hit for the next 7 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cindy! I can tell you work very hard each day! There are a lot of small children in those pictures. I can only imagine how exhausting it would be. But it looks like they had fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I am constantly amazed at your ingenuity when it comes to your day-care. You must have a waiting list a mile long. It looks like you guys are enjoying nice summer weather. That is great I hope it keeps up. We have been in the high 90's for more than a week, but hey ya get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can totally crash my blog anytime you want. I have visited yours a time or two also! You have gorgeous kids, and it appears that you all know how to have some serious fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy you are so cool! You make me wanna move over there, get a job, just so I can put Abbey and Lindsay in Puddle Jumpers for the summer. Or at least be neighbors and send em over to your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A puddle jumper? That looks like fun, I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when a simple toy gets everybody hooked into a big group of FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!