Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to School Shopping!

So my past couple of weeks have been filled with spending, spending, spending. Now I have to admit that I LOVE to shop. I love to buy shoes, clothes, fabric, decorations we don't need, and anything that is on sale. Well.... after two weeks of shopping with Ellysa and Kaylee our two daughters my taste for shopping has soured (a bit) or shall I say lessened. Not that we haven't had a ton of fun, they just don't seem to have an end to their wants and needs. And the expense is shocking! So when I realized that I still had one more child to shop for I panicked!!! What? Another trip to the mall..... Target..... the shoe store... ugh! So being the brilliant woman that I am, I called in reinforcements! That's right, I picked up the phone and called Andys Mom, Larisa. Now Larisa is great about doing all the little things that I often don't want to do for Andy like trimming his toenails, talking the birds and the bees etc., so naturally she was thrilled at the opportunity to take Andy back to school shopping. They are heading to Oregon this weekend to do some good ole tax free shopping. So this morning I have been putting together a list of things that he will need to start school, you know the usual stuff, paper, pens, shoes, jeans and shhh dare I say underwear?? (don't tell him I mentioned that) . As I was making this list we (Andy and I) were discussing school, his clothing desires and shopping. I asked " are you looking forward to shopping with your mom this weekend?" to which he replied "grunt... the only shopping I like, is grocery shopping!". This cracked me up, he didn't even thin about it - Food good/ clothes not so good. Spoken like a true boy!
Well good luck with this challenge Larisa, and thank you!

I hope that you are all having as much fun with your back to school shopping and happy spending!

3 comments:

  1. Well I guess Andy doesn't have any confusion about the things he values the most. I have seen and read several stories lately about how with the current state of the economy, many parents are just plain, saying "no" to a lot of the things that kids think are must have items. "No" to expensive name brand jeans, "no" to expensive name brand shoes etc, etc. Some how though I can't see Andy being overly occupied with all those must have brands. Happy back to schooling to you and Mike, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzan you are right, Andy doesn't give rip about style. However other kids do and with his Aspergers syndrom he is already a target.The last thing he needs, is to show up at school looking like a 4th grader in his elmo t-shirt. (yes he would!) so I do my best to help him fit in the best I can. And yes that means name brand clothes $$$ it's ok though, he is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Cindy, you so funny!!! Ah, back to school. I have a about a two week window after school starts before it really demands a different wardrobe. The girls didn't get to wear any summer clothes to school last year(no one did) so I am hoping that will do for a while. Oh, my birthday is tomorrow. I am going to be 3 0. Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!