Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Times with Good Company

My nephew The Donald, his wife Lisa and their three beautiful daughters were in town Sunday night, so we invited some additional family and had us a good old fashioned BBQ!

Things got rolling with a rousing game of Hanford Uno...



Meanwhile, Cindy, Lex and Lor raided the garden...




I grilled homemade Banzai burgers (complete with grilled pineapple rings!) and then we topped things off with a patiofire (kinda like a campfire) with toasted marshmallows, s'mores, ice cream and more fun!





Early the next morning the Sorenson crew headed up to Children's Hospital for the REAL reason they came over, and Cindy and I returned to the grind of our daily routines... But those few hours on a relatively sunny, warm Sunday make the rest of the week that much better!

5 comments:

  1. You guys are such great hosts! Don and I are thinking that sometime, in the next two months, we would like to come up and go to the zoo and aquarium. I was really looking forward to going there. I can't promise that we will be able to swing it but I'm going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so nice of you guys in having them over and spend some great fam time. You guys always seem to have the best times together. Your garden is doing so good too. Love all the pictures and have fun in the daily grind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved you Augotober! So so true! I am so glad you share the family pictures. I didn't hear Brian was in town until after he left but i was told that he suprised your mom with flowers and breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian was in town??

    I'm hoping it was just crossed information and it was US that took my mom out for b'fast.. If Brian was here and I didn't know about it, he's gonna have some 'splaining to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post? Pictures of the fun! Thanks for having us over. Hopefully we have to come back soon....we'll see how long it takes for the hospital to get there hands on the scan! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!