Tuesday, September 09, 2008

cleaning, sorting, now what?

One of my pastimes these days is to sort and clean out the "abundance" that our home possesses. I am enjoying the feeling of getting organized and having my load a bit lighter.

But, what to do with all the stuff? I mean we have a lot of clothes that have been outgrown, board games we don't use, candles that I "thought" smelled good only to buy and decide NOT, chickens that stop laying normal eggs , extra fencing, pots, pans , glass bowls, vases, furniture and even extra dirt!

Well I Freecycle it of course! Freecycle is a on-line community that trades everyday household items and whatever else you may have laying around with others in your community that want to do the same. Now I have to admit that I have had much better luck getting rid of stuff than actually receiving it (there are a lot of peeps around here who like what I like). But we have been fortunate enough to score some strawberry plants, a headboard, Mason jars, a brand new hand mixer for a friend and today a very cool Dog-igloo for my new puppy!

It is so fun to receive the listing emails a couple times a day and see what others are giving away. I look forward to it and have met some really cool people. If you are interested in looking into this group you can go to http://www.freecycle.org/ and join the community near you!

Happy freecycling!

5 comments:

  1. I think my favorite thing we've gotten rid of was a HUGE and VERY HEAVY, old, and quite outdated server (big ol' computer) that received about 5 requests within minutes of being posted!!

    It would have cost a fortune to dump it, so Freecycling it worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to check out that website. What a fabulous idea! Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great link and idea Cindy. It is helpful to get rid of things, and this sounds like a great way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a new puppy?! Is this for real? If so, yay, and I want to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to use freecycle all the time! Like you I mostly got rid of stuff and didn't take much. I havn't used it for sometime but it rocks! I too want to see photos of your new puppy.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!