Saturday, September 13, 2008

ForksBound!

My girls were up extra early this morning to embark on a special trip...



...Inspired by a certain book, and its three sequels...



...Which happen to be set in...



Today is the book's lead character's birthday, and Forks is going over the top crazy! They're giving tours of all the places mentioned in the books, local restaurants are serving "Bella Burgers" (hopefully still somewhat raw and very juicy) and there will be a bonfire tonight with storytelling that I'm sure will tie in with the reality mythology legends of Stephenie Meyer's creations. Oh, and speaking of Stephenie Meyer, the mayor of Forks will be reading a proclamation today, declaring September 13 as Stepehnie Meyer Day.

Needless to say, Ellysa and Kaylee were up before the sun with ZERO prodding from anybody. Cindy still needed a little prodding, but as soon as Kaylee started poking her head in our room at 5:40 this morning, that was much more effective prodding than my "hey honey, time to get up..."

A quick shower, toss the bags in the back of the van, and Cindy, Ellysa and Kaylee are on their way!



Kaylee turns 12 on Monday, and this trip is her special birthday present. As she was twittering around this morning, she made it very clear that THIS is the best birthday present EVER!!

3 comments:

  1. Well I hope they have such a good time that twenty years from now this will STILL be Kaylee's best birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too crazy! I just finished Breaking Dawn. I left it at my parents house a couple weeks ago when I only had 20 pages left (right about the moderately pathetic climax) and I guess I never bothered to pick it up again till a couple days ago. Anyway, I hope the Brinkerhoff ladies enjoy their get away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellysa, Mom, And I had a great time in forks, and yes, it was The BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!! I hope that some of you can make it next year, because they are doing it again. See ya soon!


    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!