Monday, October 06, 2008

Music Monday - Introducing the Song of the Day!

Wow, I haven't gotten a Music Monday post out for over a month... I WISH I could say this marked a return to the weekly entries, but I don't think I could back that up right now. But there IS a good reason for this one today...

Right above this post is a new feature on Ye Olde Family Blogge, and it is a Song of the Day player!

Now, obviously I love music. There's really no disputing that... But I've resisted the urge to put a music player on this blog for a number of reasons, the top two being:
  1. Quite often when I'm cruisin' the blogosphere, I already have music playing, either on the computer, or in the room. Loading up a page and suddenly being bombarded with competing music sets off a frenzied hunt to find the stop button.
  2. That stop button is often buried deep in a sidebar, which places it somewhere in the middle of the top-to-bottom page, which makes the hunt take much longer than you'd think it should.

So a while ago, I began looking for a way to do "My Music, My Way" here on the blog. I love sharing my music with the world (which is why I DJ!) but I didn't want to annoy anyone who didn't want to hear what I had to offer. I also like to give a little info about the song beyond the artist and title.

So, after several trial-and-error tests to get my code working, I am finally happy with the end result! The Song of the Day will change each day automatically, so if you're interested in discovering new music, or just hearing the randomness of my picks, be sure to stop by every day at some point!

Finally, a little pre-emptive tech-support. You will need to manually click Play to hear the song. During testing, I had it set to auto-play, but the clicking around I was doing in testing the player, I just about drove myself crazy because it would restart every time the page loaded. So until I come up with a scheme to make it auto-play ONCE then sit nicely on all future page loads, it's all manual, hence the name:

Song of the Day - Just Click Play

Oh, and just in case there's something you wanna hear here, just drop a request in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have been away from blogging for too long! I love the new layout and the song of the day. And that is a GREAT family pic a the top of the page!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!