Thursday, October 02, 2008

New Portable Hotness!

Nintendo had their Fall Press Conference last night (well, it was 1:30 in the afternoon in Japan...) and unveiled a highly anticipated and often-rumoured update to their hugely successful DS!

I got my DS Lite for Father's Day a couple years ago, and have loved it! It still gets used several times per week... But this update looks extra-tasty! The screen is a bit bigger, the overall unit is a bit slimmer, there's a camera (actually two cameras), a web browser (as opposed to the add-on browser to the current DS), a music player with SD slot, and the battery charges faster than the current model.

It hits Japan in November... There's no U.S. release date yet, but I'm hoping it makes it here around the same time!

update: it's not due in the U.S. until "well into calendar year 2009" because the current DS Lite is still selling so well. Oh well, my current DS Lite is still thoroughly meeting my portable gaming needs, I just like shiny new things!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could go on the internet with a ds. That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh silly me. I don't have a DS and I don't even have any intentions of buying one in the future. I don't have any problems with people who do of course. It would be interesting though to look ahead 10 years and see what those, ever so clever, Japanese engineers will be presenting to the public then. Possibly a DS 5000, that you would have surgically implanted so as to have it with you always. Gee the possibilities are simply limitless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is hawt sauce!

    - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about getting Donald one of those...but maybe I should wait until the new one comes out. Shhhh...don't tell him. And I'll keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't read this! Actually, go ahead and delete my comment after you read it. That way the secret is safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, The DS word is all over this holiday season in our home.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!