Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little Victories - Take 'Em Where Ya Can!

Hot on the heels of mourning the adoption failure, I was (possibly a little too) excited this morning to fill up my gas tank...

At a very reasonable (in contrast to what I paid even a week ago, but I'd still love to see it lower, so don't any sleazy oil executives take this as permission to leave prices here) $2.05 per gallon!

My car was about as empty as it gets, and my 14 gallon fillup cost a mere $29 even! I fondly remember Christmas 2001, when we filled up for 99 cents a gallon. I'll let a repeat be my Christmas Wish for 2008 - We're heading out on the 26th for a road trip, after all!

3 comments:

  1. I love how every week when I go to fill up, gas has dropped 20-30 cents since the last time I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $2.05???? wow! That's quite a bit less than here. I think we are at something like $2.35. But even that I am happy about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last Monday I filled up for $2.23 and was amazed. To put today's fillup in context, Fred Meyer's sticker price was $2.21 ($2.11 with reward card) and I passed several on the way to work that ranged from $2.25 to $2.39. But Costco beat them all with the $2.05. It surprised me because a few days ago, Freddy's was lower than Costco...

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!