Monday, December 29, 2008

Danee's 4 Week Old Update!

Today is December 29, which is 28 days after December 1, the day that our little AngelCakes left her womb and began making (semi) public appearances!

It's been an amazing 28 days - just scroll back through the past month of posting here if you feel like you missed out on anything!

Today, our pediatrician wanted to have Danee come back in for another weight check. Her first checkup was last Friday, two days after leaving the hospital. At that point, she weighed in at 4 pounds, 3 ounces - a growth of 3 ounces in just two days! That, according to Dr. Sanders, was phenomenal growth!

Dr. Sanders is away on vacation this week. It's probably a good thing, because she might have fainted if she'd been there for today's weigh in...

Today, little Daneekins tipped the scale at 4 pounds...

TEN OUNCES!!!

Yeah... Seven ounces in three days! I think all the nurses at the office were already gathered around the scale, just because of how 100% completely adorable she is... And as I placed her on the scale, OUR nurse asked me if I knew how much she had weighed on Friday. I was happy to put my knowledge on that subject out there, and as she adjusted the scale to show the current weight, there were - I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP - gasps from a few of the nurses at the incredible, amazing, miraculous growth our little baby girl is putting out!

Naturally, I didn't have the camera handy... She's going back next Tuesday - maybe Cindy will get a pic of that weigh in.

In other news, today was a nice day... Well, not weather wise, it was way more miserable than any of the bitter cold we had the last couple weeks. Today, although the temperature was in the high 30s and low 40s, it was windy, and rainy, and felt much colder than any of our official cold weather did. I was glad to get Danee back into our (really, really) warm house and out of the elements after her appointment.

What made today nice, was it was the first day in weeks that has just been our family. Me, Cindy, all four five kids, no daycare kids, no friends over, just the six seven of us. That was nice! Danee celebrated the fact by having another sleepy day, where she hasn't been interested in much other than having her eyes closed and making all the adorable noises she makes when she's asleep.

Chances are good that she was sleeping off all the visitors she entertained over the weekend. I mentioned in yesterday's post that Cindy's brother and his family had stopped by on Saturday. Well yesterday, after a slow and quiet start to the day, once we were all home from church, it seemed that visiting hours were back in session!

First off, and I'm glad to be able to present this, since many of you have asked, Danee's BioMom and Grandma came by, along with their family. Katie is doing really well, and has actually put on a couple pounds in the past four weeks! She and Cindy enjoyed a few good hugs over the course of the visit!



I was feeding Danee when they arrived, and Grammy Cami (as she likes to be called) couldn't WAIT for me to finish up so she could get her mitts on this precious baby! In this pic, she's showing Danee off to her other grandchild, Mason, who is 2.



Right as they were leaving, Ellysa's boyfriend came over so they could swap their Christmas presents... and after a thorough hand washing, Cory found himself holding our sweet little bundle of joy...



Later Sunday night, we got a call from some friends from church, who were having a hard time coping with the fact that we didn't bring Danee with us... (Cindy and I tag-teamed our attendance, so one of us could stay home with Danee, who really isn't supposed to be going out in public for the first two weeks) Anyway, they wanted to know if they could come over to meet her. After a timing and communication mix-up, only the mom and older daughters ended up coming, but it was a very sweet visit.

Right when we opened the door, their daughter SueAnn presented us with a picture she'd made for Danee's Winnie The Pooh Nursery...



I LOVE IT!! Especially Piglet... We're going to treasure this one! A few minutes later, and after a thorough hand washing, SueAnn was experiencing the joy that is, holding Danee.



Even though she spends most of her time wrapped up like a Baby Burrito, she is so nice to hold! She coos, and ahhs, and looks right at your eyes, and is just all the good things that babies are supposed to be, only she turns them up to 11. For reals! Pretty soon, SueAnn gave way to her sister Emily, who had been waiting very patiently.



After all that excitement, Danee drank her two biggest-ever bottles (11pm last night and 4am this morning) and slept like a rock... And like I said, she's been more interested in sleeping today than she has in eating or any other activities. As I type this, she's starting to make her "Hey, there's an adorable baby starting to wake up over here" sounds, and I suspect that feeding her in the quiet dim light of her nursery, she'll get in a good bedtime snack.

After all, she's got quite a growth rate to maintain!

P.S. Here's a shout-out to our favorite nurse, Molly! She's on vacation in Hawaii right now, but has been checking in on us daily! In fact it was when I saw that she'd checked in this evening that I decided I had to quit messing around and get some new pics and info up!

Aloha Molly! Danee sends baby loves your way!

6 comments:

  1. THat's so awesome that she's growing so well! Let's hope once she reaches a normal baby weight she tapers off though, or you might end up with a giant (but extremely cute) baby :) It is always nice to just be your own family after a lot of excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hold her! Hopefully soon....

    Congrats on the huge weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see she is doing so, so well! Thanks for all the updates and pictures!

    Oh, and hello, Molly! Hope you're enjoying Hawaii. :) We miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After careful thought and much contemplation and deliberation, I have herefore decided that I would like to be a premature baby. Nothing to do but eat, sleep, more eating more sleeping and almost continuous around the clock being adored by everyone. Just once I would love to have people smile because I have put on a few ounces. Danee, my precious little niece whom I have not been able to meet yet, Enjoy every second of it.
    I know I would.
    Loves and more loves to precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so amazing how much she's changed in 4 weeks. She looked so small and underdeveloped when she was born. When I look at her now, I don't think I would be able to tell her from one newborn to another. Of course she is smaller, but she looks the same. Danee has a very sweet little face. I wish I could come and see her too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in shock!!! 4#10oz!!! What a star!!! I can't believe it, by the time I get back and get to hold her she's gonna be huge!!! I'm am so happy you guys are all doing so well! Have a Happy New Year! This is going to be an amazing year for the Brinkerhoff family!

    P.S. Mike it's not everyday, only twice since I've been gone! I'm trying to stay away, just can't help myself, I miss that adorable little face of hers!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!