Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Danielle Grace, Miracle Baby

Well our little miracle baby just keeps amazing everyone around her!

Today her food intake was increased yet again, and she is now up to 1/2 ounce every three hours. Given that her first few droplets of formula was less than a week ago, that's an amazing increase. The nurse practitioner actually referred to her as WonderBaby, and said that every timeline landmark he's set for her so far, she's blown right through without even slowing down. He even hinted that she may be ready to come home around Christmas time!

Also today, Kaylee got to make another visit to the hospital.



You may remember Molly, our favorite nurse in the whole wide world... Well she was working again today, and had a crazy idea. She asked Kaylee if she'd like to hold her baby sister. That was almost as pointless as asking Cindy last weekend if she would like to hold her! OF COURSE KAYLEE DID!!!



She's much more hold-able now, as her jaundice has been cleared up long enough that she isn't laying on the Wallaby light anymore. And since she doesn't need to have her skin exposed to the bright blue light, she was actually able, for the first time in her short life, to wear clothes!



Molly had told us over the weekend, that she hoped to dress her soon... Well today was the day! Not only did she get dressed, but her hair got washed and combed, and wow! Somehow she looks even cuter than before!!

After Andy's birthday dinner tonight, Cindy and I headed up for our nightly DaneeTime. She was so alert, with those beautiful eyes looking all around, taking everything in... And I got to hold her, which was definitely one of the highlights of my day. It's been a long time since I've held a newborn on December 10th!

While we were there tonight, they put her on the scale again... All that formula is paying off, as she weighed in at 3 pounds,and FIVE OUNCES!!! Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that along with the increased formula volume, it's a special higher-calorie formula. It's working its wonders on her tiny little beautiful body!

13 comments:

  1. Such cute clothes for her first ones too! I just don't understand it though. Even being a preemie she has more hair than my 1-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great. I bet she smells great too. You just can't beat new baby smell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful. I love all her brown hair. 10 days old already, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to you all. She's gorgeous. How exciting to have her gaining weight and growing and thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the word thrive. Such great news. She is beautiful. I got a present in the mail too. I dedicated it to Danee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily - it's a Brinkerhoff thing... :)

    Heidi - she smells a lot better now that she doesn't have that wallaby light clinging to her. The sweet smell of baby was somewhat overpowered by the scent of medical technology.

    Jan - thanks for the dedication! Hope you like your present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved being able to hold my little sister! Even though it was only a couple of minutes I was just basking in her sweetnes. I just can't wait until she comes home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of my babies had a bunch of dark hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks so so sweet in her little outfit, and how fun to see her growing so much and doing so well. I love little Danee, and can't wait to get to know her better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her in her real clothes. What an exciting time for you all. And how cool for Kaylee to get to hold her. Christmas really has come early for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Mike! I just read your comment on Heidi's blog. I had forgotten all about that sweet little Christmas village we used to have. I'm sorry you don't have one. There is the tinyest chance that we may get ourselves a brand new one and if we ever do You will be the first person asked to adopt our current one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and you won't even need a lawyer or FBI approved finger prints;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so cute! DOn't do what I did...I forgot to bring home that adorable tiny tiny blood pressure cuff! The nurse said it was our to take home and I forgot all about it in my haste to get my baby honme! I think they are just about the cutest thing in the hospital, as far as medical equipment goes.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!