Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let It Snow!

Yesterday we got a few flakes of snow... Just enough to get the kids excited, and cause far too many accidents this morning for the amount that fell.

Then this evening, it started up again...



And this time, it actually stuck to the street! Not much accumulation yet, but Kaylee keeps checking, just sure that she's going to see the depth jump up to a good 6 inches!

I love the way the snow looks with the glow of Christmas lights reflecting off it...



Finally, Kaylee couldn't contain herself any longer, and threw on a Santa hat, a Santa blanket, and ran outside to bask in the winter wonderland!



Her goal: No School Tomorrow! The likely reality will probably be an hour late... But we will see!

8 comments:

  1. It is so interesting how things work around the world.

    Alaska gets 10 inches of snow with pure ice on the roads and all proceeds as usual, no accidents, no delays...

    Tri-Cities gets 5 inches of snow with some ice on the roads and we get a two hour delay and one or two accidents.

    Seattle gets an inch of snow and everything closes up and there are tons of accidents and total chaos. :)

    I used to hate the first snow in Provo when I was at school. All the California Freshmen would be on their first snow roads and it was s--c--a--r--y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely jealous right now. I want to see some snow! Good luck on the snow day! In Portland they got a few inches and canceled church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amy's comment! So true :)

    We have snow falling here too! It's magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want a white Christmas one year. Of course we down under have Summertime now, 90s and century heat is the norm for this time of year. Yet oddly enough songs like "Let it snow" still do the rounds (Why? he asks not expecting a logical answer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, Lisa, I can think of a few other adjectives to describe this current state of snowiness. To be agreeable I will agree that it surely is beautiful and yes even magical. That is as long as all you have to do is LOOK at IT. As referenced earlier I do have other descripters, but I guess I won't go all negative on everybody. I'm just a little nervous though, since I was in an accident last week and happen to be driving a rental car this week. So for me the stakes are pretty high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes pure ice and at least a foot to close down our buses. Last year the schools closed for 9 days. We were snowed in our own house for a week. We were supposed to get about 10 inches during the weekend, I think enough people prayed and it just left about 2 inches. It is about 2 degrees though. Yesterday's high was 7. BUUURRR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great song today, dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics. Love snow. And that was a great comment from Amy J.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!