Sunday, December 07, 2008

Weekend At The NICU

As I type this, we're at the hospital again, and Cindy is thoroughly enjoying some more skin-on-skin snuggle time!

It's been a great weekend for Danee, with many new milestones and accomplishments. She also had several visitors. And since not just anyone can visit her, these are all special visitors!

Kicking off the weekend visitors parade, was big sister Kaylee on Friday afternoon!



Then later Friday night, Tyler got his first peek at his new baby sister...



You all know how Saturday morning went, with Cindy's first taste of snuggle time, but then Saturday evening, my niece Alicia and her husband Daniel came over to the house for a quick visit, that ended up turning into an all nighter... By the time Danee's 11:00 pm feeding came around, Daniel and I were making fudge, so Cindy and Alicia got to go see Danee. Alicia had the extra smugness of knowing that she got to see our baby before anyone else in her family, even my sister Linda, aka Alicia's Mom!



Then today I got to get in on the snuggle lovin'!





She really is a grabby little thing! Several times I looked down and saw that she had a fist full of chest hair. Luckily she didn't make any sudden movements!!

**HOME AGAIN**

Cindy stretched her skin-time tonight out to a new record... We were going to leave the hospital at around 6:30, to come home and go to the Fircrest Tree Lighting ceremony. But when 6:15 rolled around and I said "We should start putting her away..." Cindy said, unsurprisingly, that she didn't want to go... That I should go take the kids to the tree lighting, then come back and get her.

So we just got back from the tree lighting (pics to follow), and I'm waiting for Tyler's mom to come pick him up. Then I'm gonna head up to the NICU and pry little Danielle off Mommy's chest... At least, that's my plan. Here's hoping I'm successful!

10 comments:

  1. She's still my favorite little baby right now! And even Daniel's getting excited about this whole thing...and we all know how good that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love imagining Cindy there in the hospital enjoying her skin to skin time with doo baby. And I anxiously await the Fircrest Tree Lighting pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all so precious. She must just love the skin on skin times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are going with the full name of Danielle. That way she's got options in the future. She is sooo beautiful! I am really happy for you guys. I wish I could see her too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skin time.. I love it.
    I can't tell you how I look forward to reading how everything is going and how your family has fallen in love with your new addition. It's a wonderful thing and such a blessing to read about it, especially during this season on thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real bliss!!!!! I'm glad things are going so well =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's so tiny. i think she wins the tiny baby award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am home sick today and just spent the last hour reading all the blog entries from the last week... I've cried 4 times and laughed and am dying to see that baby more! She is so sweet. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So seriously Mike!!! If you're gonna make fun of me for all my "warnings" and what not... You have to atleast be accurate with them... When I said Cindy could kangaroo, the minimum time was 1hr, not 30min.. Haha!!! I love the blog! You've got great pics and I love looking back at the stories! It's an honor to have had my name mentioned! Danee has an awesome day today! I'll see you soon! Molly

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!