Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Winter Wonderland

This week's weather has caused mass hysteria, hundreds of traffic accidents, and will end up tacking a few extra days onto the end of the year, delaying Summer Vacation for the kids...

But, it's also brought about some gorgeous visuals!

First up, and highlighted with great disgust, this is how much snow it took today to cancel school:



That's our front walkway, this morning as I was leaving for work. By that time, University Place Schools had already cancelled for today, and Tacoma was running 2 hours late. Yesterday both districts were closed, and there was far less - like ZERO - snow. As of this evening, both are closed tomorrow... Christmas Vacation came early this year!

Since I had the camera with me, I decided to pull over on my way out of Fircrest, to get an early-morning, snow-covered shot of our town Christmas Tree!



An hour later, I looked out my window at work and couldn't believe how hard it was snowing! Keep in mind, just on the other side of our building is the Foss Waterway, which usually keeps us from getting much snow. I think it took the day off today!



Thankfully, that level of snow didn't stick around for long...

Finally, back on Monday, there had been some light snow, followed by clearing and a spectacular sunset. This was the view from Danee's hospital window, on the 12th floor of St. Joseph Medical Center.



I was particularly struck by the single star in the sky!

Well, tomorrow is our court date for Danee! We're just praying that they don't do anything crazy like cancel court because of the weather... Updates will follow!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Mike. The sky is gorgeous. Good luck with the court date too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, and yes it is ridiculous that they canceled school for that little snow. Oh well, I bet the kids loved it! That last picture of the sunset and the single star is breathtaking. Good luck with your court date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about your school districts. What wimps. This is what makes us a national joke in places like Minnisota and Alaska.
    I love all the pictures. That really was one beautiful sunset, and the single star in the sky made it even better.
    Good luck in Court!!!
    I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Beautiful!!! Stars are really cool ;) I like this picture very much:)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!