Monday, January 26, 2009

No Longer A Preemie, But Definitely Still Premium

Danee's due date was this weekend, meaning she's finally caught up with herself, and isn't hanging out here in the real world before her time!

The last few days have been amazing, as she has made changes to so many of her behaviors... One of the biggest ones really cracked me up. You'll recall that as of last Sunday, she did NOT like her carseat. Well, both yesterday and today, she fell asleep in that carseat while out running errands, and actually stayed in it,sleeping more peacefully than she had in her crib, for a couple hours... Just like a "normal" baby!

Today, to celebrate her newfound non-preemieness, we took some new pictures of her, with the hope of finding one that would work as an official portrait. Not only did we get the picture we were hoping for, but we got a very cute video of the preparations that it takes to get a 7-week old ready for pictures.

The end result was what you see here... Presented in full colour, classic black and white, and a faded antique look. We really like the antique one, so that's the one we ordered prints for the grandparents of!



Oh Boy! While I was typing up all those words, the video finished uploading to YouTube! Here is Danee getting ready for her portraits:

TIP - After clicking Play, hover over the little triangle button in the bottom right corner, and click on HQ for WAY better video!

5 comments:

  1. She just looks so great. Just a beautiful growing girl. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! I just can't wait to meet little Miss Danneekins!
    BTW, I've been wondering, when will the adoption be absolutely and completely iron clad final? I keep having nightmares that something will happen. Please let me know so that I can rest in peace. (And NO I don't mean dead)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the video!

    I didn't hear any sound. So I was perplexed. Mike, do a video without a corresponding musical soundtrack? No way!

    Then I noticed my speakers were turned off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, that made my whole day! What a wonderful video! I think she should win the worlds BEST baby award. She is so good during bath time! And could she get any cuter?? She is so stinkin' ADORABLE....no...BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so cute!!! I am so jealous she was awake all that time and I couldn't even get 10 seconds with her eyes open!!! She looks great you guys! She is soooooo very lucky to have such great parents!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!