Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Very Sweet Sixteen!

Ellysa got up this morning, and immediately started doing her Happy Dance...



But why?? Why would a girl who's turning 16 on Monday be doing her Happy Dance on Saturday Morning??

Well...

Her parents got her a pretty cool birthday present... and since her stepdad doesn't get to be home during the week until after dark, the photo op was WAY better to do it now... Ya know, because visibility really matters when your present is sitting in the front yard!





(nothing happens in our yard without Kitty walking on it)





It's a 5-Speed, so we had to explain that you gotta push the clutch in to start it...





And it started right up!



A quick hug from Grandma, who is up visiting this week...



And then I got to give her her first ride around the block in her NEW CAR!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLYSA!!

7 comments:

  1. WOW, a car for Ellysa! I guess she is going to need a crash course in learning how to drive a stick. A very valuable thing to learn by the way. I hope that during that crash course she doesn't CRASH!
    I know, I know, I didn't even give a "Lame joke ahead" Warning.
    Enjoy your new car Ellysa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lucky girl!!!! You and Cindy are the best parents EVER!!!!

    Happy Birthday Sweet Ellysa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! What a lucky girl! How in the world did you do that happy dance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Sweet Sixteen! What nice parents you guys are!

    p.s. Easton's birthday is on Monday too. Oh, and so is Levi Mathews. [Loren and Denise's son]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's my mom's birthday on Monday too... January 12th is a big day in this family!

    Alicia - The Happy Dance was kind of a happy accident! When I went to shoot one pic, I had the camera in Burst mode, so it shot 4 or 5 pics before I let my finger off the button... then I saw that they were all really cute, and captured good motion, so I cropped them down and turned them into an animated gif... Geek out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That animated picture has me flabbergasted. Crazy Cool!

    She is adorable and I hope she has a great birthday and enjoys her new ride!

    I can't wait to meet her someday...after all, we ARE cousins :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was some rockin out picture. Loved that affect. Who wouldn't want to be 16 in your house. I lucky her for sure. Happy Belated.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!