Thursday, February 26, 2009

You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me

When my alarm went off at 4:30 this morning, there was a lot of talk about snow up in Bellingham, and even as far south as Seattle.

I had to take Ellysa to super-early-morning water polo practice, so I got up and looked out the window - No snow whatsoever at our house!

Dropped her off at the pool, and headed for the Y for racketball. Turned on the news... And they were doing a school report. No mention of Tacoma schools, so Andy and the daycare will be on regular schedule. But Ellysa and Kaylee are in neighboring University Place schools...

And U.P. announced that they were opening two hours late.

WHAT???

There was NO snow. There was ice on the cars, but not enough on the roads to even make you walk cautiously. The little traction-control indicator light on the van didn't come on even once as I drove all over this morning.

When I got back from the Y, here's what our front yard looked like.



Oooh, treacherous, no??

Well maybe it's because the sky looks like it's ABOUT to dump a blizzard out on us.

Maybe?



Um, no.

Your eyes aren't deceiving you, and I didn't do any photochoppery on that pic, that really is a clearing in the cloud cover.

And don't worry, that's not snow on the roofs of those houses, just frost.

As I drove in to work, I saw approximately twenty-five snowflakes.

THAT IS MORE THAN TWO DOZEN, PEOPLE!!!

It's a very good thing that U.P. schools took the extra two hours this morning. These conditions were far too treacherous to navigate at regular school hours.

3 comments:

  1. I think the teaching staff were having an all night binder and they all had hangovers. So what's the solution? 2 hour delay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got up at 5:00 am it was snowing so hard I could not see the back fence from my window. We ended up with 4" on top of a solid inch of ice.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen, I have no problem with Bellevue canceling school! I'm all for making that call when there's a reason. But as the day went on, we never got ANY snow in Tacoma, Fircrest, U.P. Puyallup or Sumner. Those are all the cities I drove through during the day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!