Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Andy's Book Of The Month: "Flame, The Racing Tire"

Over the last couple weeks, you've seen a lot about our 16 year old daughter Ellysa. She's riding the Water Polo wave right now, as a sophomore on the varsity squad of the area's dominant team!

Meanwhile, our 16 year old son Andy is excelling in other ways. You see his weekly comic strip, "Rodney & Jim" here every Sunday, but he does much more than that... Andy started writing books several years ago - but in the past year, they have achieved new heights in the Three Q's: Quality, Quantity and Quantifiability. (Or Length. But Length doesn't start with Q, and I really wanted to go with the Three Q's, so Quantifiability it is!)

Last year I scanned one of his books in and made an e-book out of it, and we emailed it out to select friends and family, to great reviews - no surprise to us, because we thought it was great in the first place!!

Anyway, for the past several months I've wanted to start featuring one of his books each month on the blog, and I realized today that I already have "Flame, the Racing Tire" on the computer as an e-book, so it's the perfect choice to go first! It's embedded below, with a link to the full-screen version below that.



Or to view in full screen, just click here!

Pretty good, huh? We're really proud of his writing, and the books he's written since "Flame" came out, have pushed much farther into the realm of Awesome Youth Literature. Stick around for them!

Also, Andy started his own blog this week, and I invite everyone to go over and say hi! He's listed in the blogbar on the left, or you can just click here!

4 comments:

  1. That was a great story! I'm so glad you made it into an e-book so preserve it and allow you to share it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I will have the time.
    I promise.
    It makes me so happy that you realize the importance of saving Andrew's work. My whole career as a child, starting around 5 or 6, I would sit and draw pictures by the hour. I was happiest when drawing. Mom and Dad loved showing off my pictures, and you would think they would have saved a few of them.
    But NO.
    I would give so much to see those pictures now so I could critique them myself. I'm not asking for all of them just a few from every year. I assume this will be one of my first request after I die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, Andy! The kid's got talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so now all my boys are going to want a Flame racer! Where can I pick one up, and does it come with a Lemmin action figure?

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!