Saturday, March 14, 2009

Commenting on Your Comments

It's time once again to turn this whole blogging thing inside-out! Normally, we post things, and then you respond to them. But every now and then, your responses are so great, that we want to respond back - but don't know whether or not you'd actually check back to see if we had, so we do a post like this. Got it? Good!

First up:

Last week I posted some info about Ellysa playing Water Polo. My cousin Amy responded...



Thanks, Amy! We love it too! Ellysa had tried Soccer and Softball, but she is a true Water Baby. Her sports are Swim Team in the fall, and Water Polo in the Spring. Also, she just received her lifeguard certification, and hopes to spend this upcoming summer down at the neighborhood pool, working as a lifeguard!

Also last week, I posted a picture of our Jasper kitty snuggling in our (his?) recliner. There were a couple noteworthy responses to that, from my wife and my sister...




Yes, as Cindy stated, he is the best Mighty Hunter Cat we've ever had - which is cool, although it is kinda unsettling that those vermin are around in the first place... And Susan.. Oh Susan... Rusty the guinea pig is no longer with us... But don't worry, he's in a better place. A much better place! One of last summer's daycare kids has a dad who fell head over heels for Rusty, and they adopted him from us! He's so spoiled now that he even goes to grandma's house every day so he's not home in an empty house all by himself. The only downside in this situation is that I don't have any pics to put up here for you!

I'm sure by now, all of you went and entered my niece Heidi's contest, where the winner will receive a mythical Box o' Awesome! Her rules stated that I had to promote it on my blog, which I did. I didn't think I did anything special, but Heidi said...


Thank you, Heidi. I look forward to opening the Awesome! The unboxing ceremony will be shown here!

Heidi also asked a good question about our upcoming trip to the Temple, where Cindy and I will be Sealed...



Like I said, it's a good question! We don't have a set date yet, but we're getting close. What we can tell you, is that we'll be doing it at the Seattle Temple, and that's a good thing because there appear to be a lot of people who want to come with us, and we've been told that Seattle has a large Sealing Room! We're waiting until the adoption is finalized, and it's looking like it'll be sometime in April.

My cousin Debie just had a baby of her own last week! I've been thinking for a while, that it would be really nice if we lived in the Tri-Cities so that Danee and her Emma could be friends. What is it they say about great minds??



Yeah... Some day, hopefully not TOO far down the road, we'll get a chance to be neighbors!

My sister Susan, always willing to give out loving, sisterly advice, was very concerned that we let Danee fall asleep in our bed...



Oh don't kid yourself Su!! I could NEVER forget the terror that was Brian being weaned from Mom and Dad's bedroom! I shared a room with him at the time, so when they locked him in the room, who do you think got to hear the screaming the loudest??

I love Brian dearly, but that was a kid with issues, man!! You weren't around for some of the worst, but Janice and I could tell you stories - oh, the stories!! Anyway, Danee doesn't ALWAYS go to sleep in our bed, but it is her favorite place. She also does a good job of laying down in her crib and putting herself to sleep. Right now, as I type this, she's doing that. I hear her in the monitor occasionally pretend-crying, but she's been quiet for five minutes now, so I think she's asleep!

And finally, to top off my blogging week (and this post) my cousin Kendra, a long time lurker, first time commenter, had this to say about my Friday Funny post this week:



THANK YOU!! Obviously, I already had the funny pictures... But I love sharing the fun, and all it takes is an occasional comment like that to remind me that it's worth doing. When a comment like that comes from a normally silent lurker, I know that the Friday Funny post serves a vital purpose and must continue!

So there you have it! Your questions and comments have been answered, Danee went to sleep without snuggling in our bed, and I actually had enough time on the computer to put up a post about all of it! AMAZING!!

2 comments:

  1. I love these inside-out posts! It's always nice to hear your feedback on what people have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that Kendra was a lurker. Oooh Kendra, come lurk with me for a while.
    And Mike I do have to agree with you on Brian. He was in a class by himself!
    But just look at how well he turned out.
    I do think though that through Braedon he's finally met his date with Karma!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!