Saturday, March 21, 2009

An Evening With Chuck E.

Last Thursday, our honorary Brinkerhoff - Romeo - was celebrating his 8th birthday! And Thursdays are the nights that he's an honorary Brinkerhoff, so we decided to do something fun with him...



While Cindy and the kids placed our order, Danee and I found a relatively quiet place to hang out...



Relatively quiet, that is, until "The Show" began, at which point they cranked the volume way up to eleven, and all the kids in the room started screaming. Danee woke up and was just a little shocked and overstimulated, maybe even a little scared. Luckily, her mommy was there to protect her and make everything okay!



After "The Show" ended, our Pizza finally arrived (more than 45 minutes to make 2 pizzas??) so the kids quickly scarfed down just enough food to carry them through the next wave of ticket-hunting...





And then they were back off on their Ticket Quest! Both Andy and Kaylee had decided to give all their tickets to Romeo so he could get some extra birthday presents... And they did a great job of helping him along! Kaylee hit the jackpot TWICE on this "hit the button while the spinning light is in the magic ticket zone" game...



...and Andy spent most of the evening playing Skee-Ball, which he said was "a ticket machine!"



At final count, Li'l Ro had accumulated over 1,200 tickets...



...and made off with more loot than he could carry, so Kaylee was happy to offer the assist...



Good times were had by all, except maybe poor little Danee, who was officially overstimulated, which meant that she woke up at 2:30 AM, breaking a streak of more than two weeks of sleeping all night! (don't cry for us though, she's started a new streak by now!)

6 comments:

  1. The picture of Danee looking up at mamma is simply priceless.
    I have only hit the jackpot one time on one of those games, what a RUSH! Doing it twice in one evening would be nothing but a pipe dream for me. Kaylee must have lightening quick Ninja/Jedi skills she never even knew about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to include this, Was that little sentence an example of twittering by any chance?
    I still can't believe what passes for entertainment these days.
    Not that I'm judging or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you're talking about the first picture at the top of the post? That's a shot of my facebook status, which I updated from my phone while Danee and I were waiting for the rest of the gang to come join us.

    I am still refusing to twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That darn Chuck E. Cheese. How dare he produce overstimulation. That is too bad that it interupted the sleeping pattern that had developed. But any name with "chuckie" in it is so scary right :)

    She is so pretty. I love all the kids and the games and stuff. It brings back memories. Some good and some bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Chuck E Cheese. Our new one has some really cool games. I know for sure though, I should NEVER be aloud to go to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. allowed, I meant allowed. Is there help for someone like me, an absent minded lazy typer?

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!