Friday, June 19, 2009

Just Fluttering Through

We recently put a small water feature in our front yard, and to help set the scene, Cindy planted a couple "Lilly of the Nile" flowers around it.

They're beautiful, and seem to be thriving so far!!

Even more exciting though, since they were planted, I've seen hummingbirds in our front yard at two different times, and then yesterday, I was surprised to see this!





Unlike the hummingbirds, this butterfly had the good manners to stick around while I ran in to get the camera!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think we have ever had a hummingbird in our yard before.

    Great Kid! Don't get cocky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. The plus side to having all that rain.

    You just don't see butterflies as much anymore. I remember seeing them more often when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The great butterfly drout of 09

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an amazing camera! What wonderful shots you captured!

    Those flowers remind me of my youth. They were all over in my city growing up.

    We'll have to head over your way and see the water feature :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!