Thursday, June 18, 2009

No Way - A Baby Pictures Post?

It has been brought to our attention, by (among others) Nurse Molly, from the Special Care Nursery where Daneekins spent her first 23 days, that we have not been posting enough Danee news and pictures.

Well, I don't think such a grievous oversight can be corrected in a single post, but Little Missypoo has been doing lots of cute things that I am proud to present to you now! (so Molly, I sure hope you check in to see this!!)



Last week, Danee got to go see Molly and some of her other friends from the NICU. It was much better than the last time we brought her over, when she slept the entire time. This time she was still kinda tired, but did give up a few smiles, and I think Molly even got to feel her little tooth!

Speaking of that tooth, many of you complained that there was no picture of the adorable little nubber. Well, that's because it's just a VERY little nubber, and seeing it isn't really the best way of experiencing it. In order to see it, you have to pull her bottom lip down, and when you do that, she immediately either grabs your finger and pulls it in her mouth to chew on, or sticks her tongue out and over the tooth. It's really hard to see anyway, but these two reactions make it almost impossible!

But now that she's armed with a tooth, and has been getting cereal in her bottle for a month, we thought it would be a good time to try something new!



Spoonfuls of...



SWEET POTATOES!!

I know she doesn't look too excited about it in that first picture, but she really warmed up to them as the feeding progressed!





In addition to the sweet potatoes in these pictures, you may notice that her hair is officially, "all kinds of crazy"...

Well, Mommy has a special fix for that:



Awwwww... Just like Pebbles, only, ya know, without the big meaty bone sticking out of it!

So, by now all of you should know that I started my own company in May - Tech Services 4 All, providing computer support to the masses. I have been very blessed the last few weeks to have some summer help in the form of my niece Alicia's husband Daniel. Daniel is a Computer Science college student during the school-y times of the year, but wanted to spend his summer learning how a brand new business gets up and running, and also doing a bunch of computer stuff that he'd probably be doing anyway, but in a less structured way.

As an added bonus, he's become one of Danee's favorite people!!



He gets the big smiles from her EVERY. TIME. HE. LOOKS. AT. HER!!

I also get quite a bit of quality Danee time in the course of my day, which is great because she is SUCH a little love bug!!



But alas, all that quality baby time is infringing on my ability to focus all my energies on my business, so I'm moving into an office this week. Nothing too fancy, just a room with two desks that Daniel and I scored a sweet deal on last week. Cindy has really loved having me home the past month and a half, but she also seems pretty excited about my new office. Note the look on her face when I took her to see it for the first time!



Yeah... A little TOO excited! Hopefully she'll drop in for surprise lunch dates with Babykins, from time to time!

5 comments:

  1. I really love this post. Especially the way Danee looks at Daniel...but then I'm definitely a biased observer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! Gives us a glimpse of what's going on and good pics of Danee too.

    Your own office? That's the big time my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is getting so big and grown up and SO adorable. I love the hair.
    She actually reminds me just a little bit of spam at that age.

    And of course an office is THE perfect accessory for a baby. Where else can you put up so many baby pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is changing so much! Especially in the hair department! It looks lighter and curlier :) So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danee looks so cute.I love you uncle mike.love:loulou

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!