Thursday, June 11, 2009

They're Back, And I LOVE IT!!!

Twelve years ago, Danish pop group Aqua took the world by storm with their song, "Barbie Girl". I'm proud to say, that even though the Wikipedia entry doesn't mention it, I was told at the time - by reps from MCA records, as well as independent promoters who were working the song, that the radio station I worked at, C-89.5 FM, was the first station in the U.S. to play it!

They had several follow-up singles, some of which were very good, but sadly were only hits everywhere other than the U.S. Particularly, the lead single from their second album, a song called "Cartoon Heroes" was outstanding!

Then they broke up, disappeared, etc... But recently they announced a reunion tour, greatest hits package, and most importantly, A NEW SINGLE!!!

As if they were going straight for my heart, the new song is called "Back To The '80s."

And I love it. I was liking it already, but when I heard the lines, "Back when M&M's were just a snack, When Michael Jackson's skin was black..." I was hooked.

Welcome Back, Aqua!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED it. I would be very happy if someone who is good at that kind of thing would e-mail it to me.
    Hmm, now do I know anyone like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that black and orange swimsuit. I totally forgot about those.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!