Monday, August 24, 2009

She Made It, We Ate It!



Kaylee was bored this afternoon.

Kaylee: "Mom, I'm Bored."

Cindy: "Why don't you go make dinner for the family tonight?"

When I got home, the kitchen smelled VERY good - so good it was hard to wait for the official call of "Dinner's Ready!" But finally, it was ready!



Looks good, huh?

She served us BBQ'd Chicken Breast, brushed with Olive Oil and Herbs, Multi-Color Corkscrew Pasta, a Zucchini, Mushroom, Stewed Tomato and Yellow Squash dish to go with it, and fresh grated Parmesan cheese to top it all off!



Kaylee liked it...



Tyler liked it...

In fact, we all liked it! Even the chickens, who happily devoured the leftover tidbits when we were done... just the veggie bits though, no chicken for the chicks - they're already crazy enough without a case of Mad Hen Disease!!

Great job Kaylee - you should definitely get into the dinner making rotation!! We are SO proud of you!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome! I can't wait until Madelyn is old enough to cook for me. It looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for making dinner Kaylee! I bet she even used some imagination in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and she did! Just look at that menu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's all sounds devine Kaylee! You can cook for us any time my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost forgot...how totally cute is she with that blondy blond hair? Super, that how.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with Heidi. I don't know which looked prettier; The dinner or Kaylee sporting that beautiful blond hair and her sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first photo is so cute! Love her hair. I want that reciepe...with all her additions and everything, it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes my tummy rumble!

    Cindy- I'll give you a call this afternoon. Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!