Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Always Observant

(By Mike Brinkerhoff - from Keeping Up With The Brinkerhoffs)

From the day she first opened her eyes, Danee has been a very observant little girl. Nobody comes, goes, talks, eats, or drinks without her knowing it, and wanting to participate. It's been a strong trait her whole life!

Now that she's highly mobile, she takes that love of observation and applies it to her motoring skills, allowing her to miss even less of what goes on in her world.

The other morning, Cindy and I were buzzing around the house, getting the kids ready for school, and Danee had been crawling around the living room. Suddenly I heard the sentence that has become very, very common around here: "Mike, you have GOT to come see what your daughter is doing!"

I came in and looked, and Little Miss Big Girl had gotten herself perfectly situated in her little chair, and was watching TV!



But just what was she watching?? Well, keeping in line with her thirst for knowledge, she was paying very close attention to...



...THE WEATHER! I guess she wanted to know which jacket to put on, whether or not she'd need her stroller cover, and other important decisions!

Naturally when she heard the camera clicking, she had to turn and smile for us!



Guess who loves their baby girl???

4 comments:

  1. So cute. I love seeing her in her little chair. I love it even more that you were able to catch this moment on film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that nothing interferes with your Tri-City Friday and Saturday plans. I find myself just longing to give that little peanut a nice big SQUISH from Aunty Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'll remember to have the weather station on for sweet Danee when you come to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I love being able to call to one another and share the excitement of the latest "cute" thing our kids are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!