Monday, January 25, 2010

Mmmmmm, Donuts!

(By Mike Brinkerhoff - from Keeping Up With The Brinkerhoffs) - if you don't see the pics, just click on over!

This last weekend was a sickly one at The Brinkerhoff house. Cindy was sick... Kaylee was sick... Tyler wasn't necessarily sick, but had a nasty cough... Danee was VERY sick... Ellysa and Andy completely dodged this one, and I was being annoyed by the same annoying, dry cough I've been enduring for the past two weeks. No other symptoms, just a random tickle in my throat that brings on an instant coughing fit.

By Sunday afternoon, Cindy was starting to feel a little better - better enough to decide that she wanted donuts. And as you should all know by now, when she wants something, I do my best to deliver! So I made up some dough, put it in the fridge to chill, and after dinner we got to work.

Cindy rolled it out...



...and cut it out...



...then I handled the frying...



...and took them out when they were a perfectly delicious golden brown...



...and then Cindy shook them in a bag of cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar, and left some plain ones...



...and the verdict was unanimous:

DO OVER!!!
(at our house that means Do It Again!!)

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I definitely think there's a do over in order...and maybe we should be there for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I am so proud of how well you handle domestic dutys as well as any woman ever could. I have often bragged about how wonderfully you took care of Andrew when it was just you and him.
    Your talents for inducing coziness, seem to be never ending!
    BTW, how about I bring over some of my apples (see todays post)and you serve up some of those delicious looking donuts, and we will have a lovely visit.
    Okay.
    That's todays daydream.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!