Thursday, February 25, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

(By Cindy Brinkerhoff - from Keeping Up With The Brinkerhoffs) - if you don't see the pics, just click on over!

My SIL Linda started teaching me how to sew about a year ago. She has patiently helped me make, Jammie's, a couple dresses and even a highchair pad (admittedly she ended up with that project, I watched though).

These cute pillow cases were a Super Saturday project. I had the idea to make one for each holiday through out the year. Christmas was too busy, Valentines Day came and went (I did get some cute fabric) but I gave it a go for the upcoming St. patty's Day.

They turned out pretty good for my first SOLO project. One for each of the BIG kids.





7 comments:

  1. Those turned out so good! I love your holiday idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have any plans so that weekend should work out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great. I've always wanted to do something like that when I have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had completely forgotten about making pillowcases. They are a perfect project for beginners. They are so fun to make and extremely useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, Comfy, and so much fun! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. :)

    I have a friend that makes new Christmas pillow cases every year. When her kids were little they would tell her what good Christmas dreams they had because of the pillows.

    Now, I've heard a rumor that you got a new job. Is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so cute - perfect for having some sweet Irish dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!