Monday, March 29, 2010

Donuts and Easter!

At this time of year we as a family always make time to remember "why?" we celebrate Easter.

We love the Easter Bunny, coloring eggs and when the kids were younger the BIG Easter egg hunts. I especially love the family dinner with ham and cheesy potatoes. (My brother Charlie makes a mean Coke a' Cola ham but I will share that at a later time)

I decided this year that I really wanted to do something each evening as a family to remember our savior and the great sacrifice that he made for us. And so I have something planned for each night as we study what the scriptures describe as Christ's last days on earth.

Tonight we read the Parable of the Donuts and as a treat we had... you guessed it!



Donuts! I love how the kids each took something different from the story and how no matter how many times or different ways we hear it there is always something to learn.

I am grateful for my savior Jesus Christ, and hope that you will take time this Easter season to ponder his life on this earth.

3 comments:

  1. Hoppy Easter to you guys. ;)

    Sadly, our paths will not cross. We're leaving Friday evening. Unless you'll be here on Friday.

    I didn't get the box mailed today. It just didn't feel quite complete. It is now though. I got the final thing for it tonight. Would you mind if I left it at my mom's house for you, or would you prefer to have it shipped?

    Anyways, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that parable last week. It does a great job of illustrating the atonement.

    Can't wait to see you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!