Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Crap In Hand!


I never would have thought I'd be happy to say I had crap in my hands, but after an agonizing SIX DAYS to get from Kent to Fircrest, (under 20 miles - I could have walked it, CARRYING the box in considerably less time...) my coveted and highly speculated Bag of Crap from the Woot-Off a couple weeks ago was waiting on my living room floor when I got home. Yep, you're looking at Crap on my Carpet. And again, we were happy!!

What's inside??

So Glad You Asked!!


Instead of a bag, this time the crappy items came in a limited edition (only 2000 made) Woot! Bucket! I got #1849, which matches the last part of Cindy's cell number, so that will do for me!


Next up, a First Class Toiletries Tin from Delta Airlines! It contains a pair of socks, a toothbrush, lotion, chapstick, mouthwash, little pouch of tic-tacs, a pen, and a coupon for the Hard Rock Cafe, celebrating their 30th anniversary. Which was in 2001. Which makes all this fine hygiene gear about 7 years old. I'm tempted to use the mouthwash tomorrow so that I can know what it was like to fly 1st Class in 2001. Or maybe not.


Up next on the Crapstakes, a GE Portable Digital Weather Station. You know, for when I want to know what the weather's doing, but for some reason need that knowledge in a portable, digital format. A need I never knew I had, but I bet I'll be a believer in no time!!

BLING!! Yes, BLING!! That's 300 pieces of Bling, just waiting to enhance the self-image of the gadget of my choice. My boring, grey, corporate BlackBerry? May not be so boring if it's BLING'd out with genuine pink artificial gemstones! Or maybe my black matte Zune... so non-shiny on its own, could certainly be bling'd into Fabulosity...

And a Bag of Crap tradition, "How Many Bags of Texas Air Did I Get?"

I got 17 bags, and all of them still have air! One of these days, we'll really get luxurious and breathe in that southern atmosphere.

Considering I paid $8.00, and would have willingly paid more than that just for the bucket, it was a total score!! Of course, there WAS a guy this time around that got a 61" TV in his... but Woot's "Holy Crap Commandments" forbid coveting thy neighbor's crap... They also say "Thou Shalt Not Get the Crap Thou Want, Rather, Want The Crap Thy Get." So I'm wanting this crap. It's good! And maybe my 3rd Bag o' Crap will land me a TV!


Oh, and the Crap arrived Tuesday, May 27. Alicia had picked the 28th, which is the closest guess, though not exact. So Alicia, you and Daniel are invited over for a BBQ and some Mad Jack's goodness! Let's pick a time and do it!

6 comments:

  1. Fun Stuff. My personal favorite is definitely the bling. Lot's of possibilities there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Mike, Wow!! A bucket and bling!! My gosh, what would you even have done with a silly old 61 inch TV anyway. If I might make a small suggestion? That bucket would look mighty fine covered in bling. Kinda like Eeyore w/his useful pot and then a baloon to put in it. Well I do realize there are so many possibilites that it may take a while to settle on the best use for all that devine crap. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brought a smile to my face. I needed that smile today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I somehow only just now read the part about me being the winner. This adds a whole new level of excitement to my day! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi - I am always happy to bring a smile to the face of my readers!!

    Alicia - you missed that part?? Have you been taking Zyrtec??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure feel like I've been on zyrtec. I'm glad you posted that blog about it by the way...I saw a pretty catchy commercial for it yesterday, and was half tempted to give it a try instead of my daily aller-clear. I will consider myself warned!

    So excited for this BBQ by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!