Thursday, May 15, 2008

Feels Like Warmth... From the Sky!


I certainly don't need to tell any of you who are local to Western Washington (aka the wet side) that 2008's weather thus far has been dismal... But a few days ago, the weather guys started talkin' jibba jabba about hitting the '80s by the end of this week. The kickoff of this kinder, warmer weather was to be today, and sure enough, when I got up at Ridiculous O'Clock (aka 4:30am) to play Racketball, I noticed that it was already 54 degrees. That was the high a couple days ago. Good sign!

By the time I got home from the YMCA, a thick cloud cover had settled in, and it felt like it would take lots of hope, faith and prayers to bring out the sun. And then about 11:30 it happened - seemingly out of nowhere, the sky turned blue! And I'm talking REALLY blue! No clouds at all! I'm not sure what Mr. Sun did to them, but he disposed of them very handily.


And the timing couldn't have been better for the gorgeous weather, because today was the first day of the 2008 Tacoma Farmer's Market,

which is just a couple blocks from my office. It's been a favorite tradition for the past 3 years, and I was glad to have nice weather to walk up there. But that wasn't the BEST part...

The BEST part was that Cindy called me right as the skies were clearing, and asked if I'd like her and Andy to join me for lunch! So we had a nice little outing to the market, and my favorite food vendor was back for another year... Chef Todd Riski's Teriyaki Steak Sandwiches are every bit as mouth-wateringly delicious as they have been the previous two summers.

Thursday will, once again, be my favorite day of the work-week!

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! We have a farmer's market in Pasco and I always think of going but it's just too darn early for me. I think it's usually over by noon. Those teryaki sandwiches sound tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!