Friday, May 30, 2008

Help With Commenting

I know that the commenting system here can be a little bit intimidating to people who aren't familiar with the Acronym Soup that is the Internet... So I'm here to help you out!

This post is inspired by our good friend Brandel, who yesterday left this comment:



Brandel, like many people, doesn't have a "Blogger" account... But even people who do have them, sometimes find that on the comment page their login doesn't work. It's happened to both Cindy and me, and I figure if it happens to us, it can happen to anyone. But that doesn't relegate you to anonymous status... and I will now show you a better way!

After you type up your witty, heartfelt comment, you come across this screen:



If you select Anonymous, your comment will show up as just that. However, if you choose "Name/URL," you'll have the option to enter your name, and a URL (that's a fancy way of asking for your webpage address) which is optional. So for example, my niece Heidi didn't fill out the URL section, just the name, when she entered:


And you can do the same! No more having to leave a 2nd anonymous comment just to say who you are!

This public service announcement was brought to you by your good friends at mikeymix.com, aka brinkerhoffs.blogspot.com, aka Keeping Up With The Brinkerhoffs.

5 comments:

  1. Good post!

    - Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah Mike, so knowledgeable, so helpful and courteous. This is one of the things that makes you so valuable to the blogging community. I always know that when I have questions I can go to you and you will help without rolling your eyes and saying things like "you mean you can't figure this out for yourself??? I did, why can't you???" like that stinky Donald does. You are a good guy to have around. Oh and thank you again for the help saving my blog.

    P.S. Donald isn't always stinky. He just never has to be shown how to do something more than once so he holds everyone else to this high standard. Even his poor doddering, forgetful, old mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheesh, see what happens when i post??

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and see what happens when I post a tutorial on posting?

    YOUR POST HAS YOUR NAME ON IT!!

    Oh, and Chris, GOOD ONE! I laughed out loud, for reals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roger that!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!