Wednesday, March 17, 2010

O' Malley the Leprechaun was here again!

(By Cindy Brinkerhoff - from Keeping Up With The Brinkerhoffs) - click on over!

Every year my daycare is paid a visit from a special visitor. This year I thought for sure we would catch him. Several of the girls made a Leprechaun trap from an old Oat meal box. It is a good one too!





Not only did he get away but he made a HUGE mess of the daycare! The plus side is that he did leave a trail of delicious golden treats. The kids look forward to this year after year. One of my parents informed me that her daughter had been counting down the days since March 1st.
I love how the excitement builds for this day. And try as I may that silly little Leprechaun finds a way to thrill the kids.

Ready. Set. Go!




We have to let them go in stages. The BIG boys run over the little ones!









By the time the PJ's found all the treasures the play room was back to normal.



This year I made a paper mache Leprechaun. We used him to play Hide N' Seek. He was stuffed with golden coins. Nicholas found him first and then hid him again. The kids played many rounds in the back yard this afternoon. Then it was time for Shamrock Pizza (cheese pizza on a bagel with a Bell pepper slice on top) and mini green cup cakes! Yum!


5 comments:

  1. I had forgotten that you do this each year. How fun, and what great memories for all of your lucky little Puddle Jumpers.
    Does he also leave green pee in the toilet? Alexandra and Lorelai have been anxiously waiting all week to see if their toilet will be "so" vandelized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute thing. I love reading what the naughty little guy will do every year.

    Love your paper mache Leprechaun too.

    I'd never heard of the Leprechaun playing tricks until you posted it on your blog. Now I see he does all sorts of things to people. The most popular is turning the milk green.

    I wish I new about this when my kids were little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire the effort you put into this day. You are a great day care provider and a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so fun!

    The leprachauns didn't make a mess in our house but we did find green pee pee in the toilets in the morning! 2 years in the row! They come part all night and don't have the decency to flush! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget the green milk!!!

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!