Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Box Was Awesome!

Way back in March, I won a coveted "BOX o' AWESOME" from my niece Heidi's blog!!

Because she knows that waiting and anticipating are two of the best parts of winning something, she held off sending it until a couple weeks ago - so I had plenty of time to ponder the awesome that would be within the box.

The day it arrived, I didn't even notice it. I have most of my orders for work sent to the house, because there's not always somebody at the office to receive them. I came home from work, and saw a pile of boxes, and since I was expecting some deliveries I didn't even suspect that one of them contained AWESOME.

The next morning I decided to go through the boxes and make sure I had all the parts I needed for the various projects I was working on....

First box: 2 Laptop DVDRW drives. Woo.

Second box: 2 Laptop Wi-Fi cards. Woo, and also Hoo.

Third box: Wait, that's a hand-written label!



And it's from Cheney... I definitely didn't order anything from Cheney... In fact, the only people I know who live in Cheney just may have SENT ME A BOX o' AWESOME!!!

Sure enough, upon breaking the seal, the Awesome was practically bursting from the box!



I carefully removed the Awesome, piece by piece, savoring the moment. Because Heidi loves me, she knows that I love peanut butter... so the box took that as its theme - I got Peanut Butter Crunch (one of the world's finest cereals), Brownies topped with Peanut Butter Fudge and Marshmallows, Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles, a Giant Reese's Bar, some Homemade Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce, and my personal favorite, homemade Kettle Corn that had been drizzled with a Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ribbon, which was gone in about 20 minutes - I had to laugh because Heidi had been concerned that it wouldn't be any good after shipping... Whatever. The whole box could have been nothing but that and I would have been happy thrilled!! :)



The Awesome was rounded off with a Rocket Balloon Launcher (which makes AWESOMELY obnoxious noises), and three Classic Sesame Street Washcloths. Since I give Danee her bath most nights, those are very cool to have!

Thank you SO MUCH, Heidi!! Love you guys - you need to come over soon so we can enjoy some Hot Fudge Sundaes with that Awesome Sauce!! I'll even make up some homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream to go with it!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad/relieved that you like it. It took me a while to do. A lot of it was from procrastinating, but a big part was also due to wanting it to be just right. I actually had another box that was going to be sent months earlier, but it did not seem...awesome. It needed to be AWESOME!!!

    I would gladly make that popcorn for you again. I would also love to make you guys some of my ice cream too.

    I would love to come up on my birthday. I don't know if I'd bring the girls though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I think it's hilarious that you went to bed without knowing what it was. That's like ignoring your stocking till the day after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!