Monday, August 23, 2010

One Sleepy Girl

I got home from work today and Danee was being CRANKY!!!

Normally she's a very happy babygirl, so I figured she had to be either hungry or sleepy.

Got her in the high chair with a PB&J, and she happily started stuffing it in her mouth. Yay! The cranky problem is well on its way to being solved!

Uh-oh... a few minutes later, I looked over at her, and she was rubbing her PB&J covered fists in her eyes. I wondered why she was suddenly being naughty, making a mess before she was done eating... To convince her to stop, I gave her a fresh blackberry - ANY berry is Danee's favorite thing to eat!

She ate the blackberry, so I figured she would be good to finish her sandwich.

But then I looked at her again, and saw this:



Ummmm.... For some reason, I actually thought she was trying to trick me, so I kinda nudged her little hand - nothing. Except for a big sigh... She was out cold!

I got a wet washcloth and wiped her face and hands the best I could without waking her up, picked her up and took her down to her crib for a nap.

About half an hour later, Ellysa's boyfriend Dan came by looking for his swimsuit. Ellysa's working down at the pool, and a few of her friends were going to go swimming tonight. She had told Dan that his suit was probably in our laundry room. (somehow, this all made sense - Dan has been at our house more this summer than any of our actual kids, except for Daneekins!)

So Dan goes down to the laundry room to get his suit, and accidentally wakes up Danee. She doesn't sound very happy about it either. I run down and pick her up, and she goes limp on my shoulder, but does NOT want to be put back down.

So I come upstairs with her and figure I'll play a little Dr. Mario with her on my shoulder while she slowly wakes up.

It is only a LITTLE BIT distracting to play Dr. Mario while there's a warm snuggly babygirl snoring in your ear.

Yep, she was back to sleep. After about ten minutes of playing, she adjusted herself off my shoulder and into my lap, without waking at all. Finally I figured she might be more comfortable on the couch with a blanket.

And there she still lies.



I REALLY hope she either stays out for the rest of the night, or wakes up soon, because I would love to get a good night's sleep myself tonight!

2 comments:

  1. one word: cute!

    also, I hope you all slept last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see her. She's gotten to be such a "big" girl. I say "big" because she is still so small, just doing big girl things.

    We got some good news! Jeff's got a job interview tomorrow. :))

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!