Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Story of a Piano














Step 2 of piano restoration. Cleaning it!
Our family inherited a 1919 Brewster piano from the neighbors. They inherited it from some friends of theirs. I love the piano and have always wanted one but seeing how I don't actually play made it hard to justify buying one. So this Beaut was my answer to prayer so to speak.
Now rumor has it that the third owner ago had stashed money in it (lots of money). So when the piano tech told me that this piano had more then 90 years worth of dust needing to be cleaned out, I was hopeful we'd find something .... well we did! A inch of dust, several hair pins, a chicken egg (yeah seriously) and a 90 year old Cobb Webb. It was something to see and I have never been happier to pay someone to do the dirty work.
Oh we also found some other cool things but that's another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!