Sunday, May 27, 2012

On A Quiet Sunday Morning


I love baking, especially breakfast baking...  Sunday mornings are often the only chance I get to practice this craft, so I try to get a little goodness in most weekends.

This past week, I had been out of town Monday through Thursday, and Cindy had a whole week of not sleeping well...  (Obviously I play an important role in her good-night's-sleep) I got back on Friday, so the sleep issue was resolved, but then we spent all day Saturday working in the yard and selling off daycare equipment and supplies (yes, in case you haven't heard, Puddle Jumpers is officially closing its doors!) and then I topped all that off with DJing a dance that went until 11pm.

I got home last night about 11:30 (love local gigs!) but my mind was still pretty wound up - meaning no sleep for me until around 12:30.  I woke up around 8, along with Cindy and Danee, who had found her way into our bed at some point in the night.  After some sleepy morning snuggles and singing with our sweet babygirl, Danee and Mommy fell back to sleep, so I got up.  Surveyed the kitchen.  Declared it a FEMA-worthy disaster zone, and got to work.

Two hours later, the dishes were all washed, the garbage and recycling were taken out, and there was a delicious Oatmeal-Strawberry-Banana Coffee Cake cooling on the stove.  The smell was enough to wake my sleeping beauties, and we're about to dig in, then get ready for church.

It was so nice - and so rare - to have a couple hours of quiet time where there weren't any outside influences demanding my time and attention!  It made me want to make a note of it.. and I vaguely remembered that I used to have a place where I'd record things like this - big things, little things, things meaningful only to me, or relevant to many...  And just like that, here I am blogging again!

Feels good...  Despite a year+ of neglect, I still prefer this format to Facebook's "Notes" for extended postings.

1 comment:

  1. good to see you back! Although, when I saw "keeping up with the brinkerhoffs" on my Google reader, I couldn't think of whose blog it was.

    I also love Sunday morning baking!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!