Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Time!

I was sleeping beautifully this morning, when the phone rang at about 5:08 am. It was the school district, saying that school would be 2 hours late today. In disbelief, I jumped up and looked out the window, and saw...

OK, first, I was surprised we had snow. Yesterday was gorgeous, and we saw that our Krokuses were starting to pop up and bloom. In fact, I planned to take a picture and blog that Spring was just around the corner. Now this...

Second, I thought, this is why the Seattle area has such a wussy reputation. You can see that the grass isn't even covered all the way, and yet it's a 2 hour delay. Urg.

But the kids loved it, as they are contractually obligated to do.

Here, Ellysa and Kaylee are taking snow off my car - of course, they didn't take any off the driver's side of the windshield, which was still totally covered when it came time to go to work... Thanks, girls!! =) A few minutes later, I think Kaylee was wearing most of what they DID take off the car.

And now the sun is out, and they're finally at school. But they're predicting snow again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!