Friday, January 25, 2008

Now these are my kind of campaign promises!!

One of the stations I flip between on my drive home has decided to discourage my listening by playing Jay Leno's monologue from the night before, a few minutes after 5 every day. Pretty much always as I'm sitting in the traffic jam where 705 merges with I-5, and then 16. I've said for years that Leno just isn't funny, but I really haven't experienced it for myself ever since I came to that conclusion, easily over ten years ago. Now I have a daily reminder. And since the writers strike, and he's supposedly writing his own material, it's gotten even worse. And they bill it as "America's Favorite Monologue!"

AS IF!!

C'mon Jay... It's bad enough that you're 100% un-funny, but then to rub it in, Letterman is still putting out pure gold on a regular basis. Case in point? Last night, he had Barack Obama on to deliver the Top-10 List, a list of his top campaign promises.

My personal favorite items are:

You know that won't require any supreme court debating!!


Letterman's reply said it all: "That's an innovative campaign promise..."

I bet even the scary apple fanboys will agree that this is a good idea!


Now there's something this country has needed for many years!

Throughout the segment, Barack comes off very much like other politicians I've seen on the talk show circuit, kinda stiff, trying too hard to fit the role of funny, personable, "normal guy/gal" candidate. But Letterman's responses, timing, the whole atmosphere he creates in his show, makes a final product that is way greater than the sum of its components.

See the whole clip
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!