Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How About Another Contest?

Our last contest was a lot of fun, so in the spirit of even more fun times, we're doing another one!

Unlike last time, where you had to identify an out-of-context guitar riff, this one is a more traditional name that tune. Well, not necessarily traditional, it's actually kinda manic. So I'm gonna call it the mikeymix.com Manic Mix: The '80s. When you push play on the clip below, you'll encounter bits and pieces of 26 different '80s classics crammed into 60 seconds. There are two (2) points available for each song - Artist and Title - for a total possibility of fifty-two (52) points. It's rather obscure, but if you know the music I used for the intro and outro of the clip, I'll throw on a whopping 5 bonus points!


I know that with this play-at-your-own-pace format, you'll be able to listen to the Manic Mix as many times as you need, so I tried to put a few pieces in that will separate the worker bees from the wannabees. I also threw in a few total gimme's so that everyone can feel like a winner.

One last reminder, please don't post your answers in the comments here - everyone else would be able to see them, and that would defeat the whole purpose here! Instead, just like last time, email your answers to contest@mikeymix.com.

I think that's enough jibba-jabba for now... Volume Up, Pencils Sharpened, Clean White Sheet of Paper at the Ready... and.... GO!



Oh, and there will be a prize!! I'm just not entirely sure what yet. But it'll be good. So play, play, play! Tell all your friends and relatives to play, because maybe they'll win and share with you! (Susan, did Donald let you try his TimTams?)

4 comments:

  1. No, by the time she got around to asking about the Tim Tams, I had already eaten those little slices of Heaven. That was a great prize!

    ~The Donald

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think I gave birth to that little S O B. { Yes I do know I just called myself a bitch.}
    Poor TimTamless Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness....I would play, but I would be HORRIBLE at this. Did Donald enter? Maybe he'll win. He did share the Tim Tams with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel and I have decided we were too young (and sheltered) to be exposed to any of those. Good luck everybody else!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!