Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Recap

I had a great Father's Day this year!

My day began with an incredibly yummy breakfast made by my loving wife.

Orange-French Toast, Maple Bacon, Mad Jack's Peanut Butter Chocolate Hot Cocoa, and all the associated culinary accessories. I love making breakfast, so usually if we eat anything like that, I'll jump up and make it before anybody else can get into the kitchen... But it was SO nice to sit back and enjoy Cindy's incredible cooking... I've concluded that food tastes better when you don't need to cook it yourself!

A few hours later, we took Cindy's dad out to an early dinner at The Funky Iguana, our favorite Mexican restaurant - and his favorite too! We got him a model of the Titanic, which he was happily anticipating putting together, and planning where it'll go in his apartment.

He followed up his presents with a nice plate of Chili Verde, and confirmed that it was the best Chili Verde you can get north of the border! Cindy enjoyed Carne Asada, and I got my current usual, Chicken en Mole... And since it was "my special day" I got a horchata too... If you've never had horchata, you've gotta try it. It's technically "Rice Water" and is a sweet, cinnamony beverage that is SO good I ended up taking two refills. Mmmmmmmm.... They also have THE BEST salsa of any restaurant I know of, so I ate far too many chips too. And isn't that part of the fun of Mexican food??

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for clearing up the confusion about horcheta. I see it all the time at the (mostly) Mexican super market in Pasco called Fiesta Foods. I could never figure out what it was. They basically look like a really well constructed water balloon, so I figured it must be something to drink. I'm glad you enjoyed it though it sounds pretty gross to me. And congratulations on having a happy Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re your comments.. I think that we really had gotten a lemon of a Vizio. I talked to their customer support and they agreed it was doing bad things. The cable box actually didn't have much to do with the TV. It hadn't been set up the way it should have been, but that was a fairly harmless problem. The problem with the DVR box was that it was pretty much a POS right from the start. It wouldn't respond to the remote half the time, and every once in a while, for NO discernable reason it would just shut itself off. Charter Cable tends to have very shoddy equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE, RE, your comments. Sorry to let your music files e-mail go unanounced. I completely forget I have e-mail half the time. I had to delete about 214 bad e-mails to get to your good ones. Thanks for thinkin of me.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!