Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Fun Night Out


Cindy and I celebrated Father's Day Eve in a luxury suite at Safeco Field tonight, and it was so nice, I may never want to sit in a regular seat again!

Every spring my company does a Mariner's game, and does it up right. We had three or four suites, all connected, catered food, cookies, brownies, all of it really, really good! And as an added bonus, since it's Father's Day weekend, I got a "Mariners Dad" t-shirt as we entered the park! Bonus!!

The view from the suite was really good, too.

Although it doesn't show up in the picture, we had blue skies tonight, and the temperature felt really good, for only being in the 60s. It was great to see all my co-workers in a casual setting, although I had a hard time recognizing most of them, without their hard hats and safety vests!

Cindy got an extra special treat - one of the guys I work with recently became the father of Twins, which meant there was a good supply of babies for her to love on!

Again, the picture doesn't capture the scene with full accuracy - she was VERY attentive to the little 9-week old bundle o' joy in her arms... Just when I snapped the pic, she was listening to his mommy talk about how he likes to try to suck his thumb!

We stayed through the 8th inning, through a couple of exciting home runs, then some crushing blows, and as the score turned 5-2, we decided to head on home. But first we had to get a shot of us together with such a beautiful backdrop!


Oh, and one last thing... Not only were the suites very nice, comfortable and well-stocked with quality foodstuffs, but the restroom facilities were equally luxurious! And after you wash your hands, you don't need to worry about having dry skin - no, no, no, because this is the luxury suite level, my friend! Each restroom on the level, and they were very frequent, has an extravagant bottle of Lubriderm for your skin's comfort!

(right as I took the pic of the lotion in the bathroom, some other guy came through the door, and clearly thought I was some sort of freak... made me laugh... because I'm pretty sure I would have thought the same thing!)

Well, like I said, now that we've tasted the cream of the Safeco Field crop, it'll be mighty tough to go back to mingling with the common folk...

2 comments:

  1. I can see hoe easy it would be to get addicted to the high life. Love the pictures. Love the shot of Cindy getting her baby fix. Also love the one of you two together with a nice baseball background. And as soon as I saw the picture of the bathroom and before I read your explanation I was thinking the same thing as your new bathroom buddy was. "I can't believe that Mike was in a public restroom TAKING pictures!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day Mike! I hope you like our little gift!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!