Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Who Are You?

So tonight I was busy working on the element that I'm hoping to include in next week's Music Monday post, and I heard my phone's email chirp go off... Went to check it, and saw:


And I must admit - I have been well aware that there hasn't been a Tuesday or Wednesday post this week... But here's a little behind-the-scenes information:

This week's Music Monday post was actually written last Saturday, and just set to publish at 6am Monday. I like to do the MM posts in advance, to ensure that they get done, consistently, and on time. My thinking was that on Sunday or Monday I'd come up with something else to write for Tuesday or Wednesday, to keep things flowing, because just as much as my sister Susan likes to read new posts every day, I like to publish new posts every day! Or at least every-other-day.

But this week had issues... As I was writing Monday's post (on Saturday) I developed a very bizarre, yet very real and very sharp pain in my back. On the right side. When I was a little kid, I would have called it "my edges" - it didn't really make sense, and since I got no time fo' jibba jabba, I just kept right on doing what I needed to do. I shoveled some topsoil, wrote some bloggage, and ignored the pain to the best of my ability. Later that night, Cindy and I decided to rent the original "Raiders of the Lost Ark," blow up the hide-a-bed, load up on junk food (a rare treat since we're both actively losing weight) and just chill for the night. She had been feeling pretty crappy with a head cold all day anyway, so not doing anything major sounded like a good time to her too.
DETOUR:
I haven't seen the new Indiana Jones movie yet... But I've heard the screams of critics and fanboys that it isn't as good as the others, and doesn't "suspend your disbelief" well enough. Well, I had very fond memories of the original movie. And it's still a good, fun flick. But man, it didn't suspend my disbelief for ten minutes!! That chick that played Marion was a really, really bad actress... the monkey that is trained in levels of espionage that most people in movies can't pull off... the movie was FUN, but in no way was it a "Classic Film" in the sense that critics like to use the term. Now for me, I watch movies SOLELY for FUN, so I'm PERFECTLY FINE with that! And I'm sure I'll enjoy the new one. I just want everyone crying about it to shut up and watch it to be entertained, not to pick it apart under the pretense of unrealistic expectations.
END DETOUR
OK - so we're watching the movie upstairs on the comfybed, downing Blast-O-Butter popcorn, Junior Caramels, Cream Soda Floats and whatever else sounds good, and we have a great time. Then the movie ends and we go to bed.

Sunday morning, we wake up, and before I even get out of bed, I know that something's wrong. I say to Cindy that I feel like I'm sick... not even fully believing it myself, because I don't GET sick often, and I've already had the pukeys once this year.

And, now it's been twice. Violent, Horrible Pukeys all day Sunday. Took Monday off work to stay home and recover, then went back to work on Tuesday. Did not, however, make it to Tuesday morning Racketball. I'm hoping to make Thursday's r'ball though...

Anyway, work has been VERY busy, making up for the day I missed... and several times I've thought about getting a new post up, anything, even just a funny pic or something... but couldn't squeeze it in.

So Now, here I am... ready for bed, justifying my lack of posting, with a string of bloggy flotsam from the over-stimulated mind of Mike. I *may* hit the spell check button before publishing, since it feels like this one has really driven itself. I *SHOULD* proofread it, but then I'd probably just end up deleting it, and being back at square one.

Oh, ya know what? I never even got around to explaining the title of this post!

It's an idea I've had for quite a while, and I thought Susan's plea for postings made this a good time to do it. Everyone's seen those "Get to know your friends" emails that go around.. and in the blogosphere, they're known as "Being Tagged" or other such nonsense. I've avoided them as far as posting, since I figure if you read this blog for a week or two, you get to know me pretty well.

But it's YOU, the readers that I'm curious about. I know I've got the obvious ones who comment regularly, friends and family... Hopefully you're starting to recognize names of commenters and know when you see a certain name that you're about to read something witty, funny, incoherent, or all three! But who IS that person?

Today's challenge: EVERYONE who reads this, leave a quick comment introducing yourself! It doesn't need to be long, doesn't need to give up all (or even any!) of your personal info if you don't want to... Just say hi! I'll even start!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Mike! I write a blog... This blog, in fact! I am #7 out of 8 kids, but the first boy. Yep, that means six older sisters. I'm married to Cindy, and we have four kids - Andy, Ellysa, Kaylee and Tyler. We live in Fircrest, which is a little mayberry-like suburb of Tacoma.

    I'd say more, but like I said earlier, I introduce myself through postings on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Alicia. Mike is my uncle, I'm one of his older sister's children. I'm married to Daniel and we have two kittybabies: Wesley and Ginger. I like to blog, but spend more time reading other peoples blogs than writing my own (I should probably work on that). For more about me, you can read my blog, which usually consists of random bits and pieces of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Andy! I'm the son of Mike, who writes this blog, and stepson of Cindy, who is the wife of the person who writes this blog. I have two stepsisters, Ellysa and Kaylee, and Tyler's my brother. I am also the creator of "Rodney and Jim", the comic strip that is on the blog every sunday, and that game that we had a contest for last halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Cindy, wife of "Mike". I come from a much smaller family with one older and one younger brother. I moved to Washington from sunny california 13 years ago and with this current weather still wonder why??? I own a family childcare business and most of the time enjoy it! I rarely blog, not because I have nothing to say (those who know me, know I ALWAYS have something to say :) but because I am usually running around like a crazy lady. I totally enjoy reading everyone elses. So keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm Brandel. I don't blog, but I read this one. :) I am over busy all the time with work, school and my son Reese and my bff Tony and the house and blah blah. I feel totally in touch with your family by multitasking (reading your blog while "I'm working") Thanks for keeping me on the "in".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Susan and I am a blogger. I started blogging almost two months ago and it seemed harmless enough at first. I had no idea how quickly I would become a blogaholic. I started out with daily blogs and within a week I was an addict. If I had known it would take over my life like this I would have done it anyway. I blame my Daughter-in-law Lisa for being my biggest pusher and dealer. I am trying to cut down on my usage. I am now down to 2 or 3 blogs a week. But the dark side of this is that now I spend so much time reading and commenting on other peoples' blogs. So yes I am a hard-core addict, with no recovery in sight. Fortunatly I haven't lost my home or family and in fact have developed a much closer relationship with my little brother Mike, just like we use to have. I have also caught up with several cousins that I barely know. My little domain of the blogoshere is called "Non Linear Thinking" and you are welcome to join me there to really get to know me. I will leave the light on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Chris. My wife is Kelly. We live in University Place which is a town next door to the mayberry-like suburb of Fircrest.

    I have a blog, but I don't blog about personal stuff, because I am quiet and anti-social and stuff. I like people (I really do) and Mike and Cindy are awesome examples of some people that I like, but it's hard to coax more than three words out of me at a time.

    (Unless you ask me to post some comments in your blog)

    I build web sites for a living and a hobby. I've dropped various links to some of my sites onto this blog on different occasions. I know. I'm shameless.

    and Anti-Social...

    Signed,

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike G here. I blog. I do music. I have a 3-year old and a beautiful wife. And oddly enough, I love Tacoma. I know, that's weird.

    p.s. - I miss Chick-fil-a

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!