Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rub My What???

Over the fourth of July Mike and I BBQ'd Tri-Tip, a super delicious cut of red meat. I am from southern California and Tri-tip is pretty much a staple food there. I make my own rub each time and it is never the same twice, but always yummy.

Anyway, both The Donald and Heidi have called and/or emailed asking for the recipe to my super yummy Tri-Tip Rub. So here it is -

First massage lemon juice all over the roast,then let it sit at room temperature while you mix the dry ingredients.

1 handful salt (I use kosher cooking salt)

1/2 palm of everything else.

Paprika

Cumin

Dry Mustard

Chili powder (just a smidgen)

Garlic powder

Black pepper

I think that is pretty much what I always use - it is good and it is easy!

Enjoy and Happy BBQ'ing!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy, my mouth is watering! That looks SO good. Thanks for sharing. I will for sure have to try that. As for the water spray park, you noted on my blog. It is Jefferson park I found it through the tacoma metro parks website: http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/ Just go straight down 6th. Turn left on Mason (just after walgreens) Its right there. Cindy I think that would be a fun trip for your day care kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donald just made it on Sunday using your rub....and let me say...yum, yum, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is that a picture of YOUR roast -- or is it false advertising?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know for having stuff in it that I usually don't like, such as mustard powder and pepper, it sure was some GOOD meat. How handy for you to post the recipe.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori- it is false advertising! This is a picture Mike found, mine looks even better! :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. I am salivating. And that isn't pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!