Sunday, October 12, 2008

CC Update

Before I say anything else, I need to thank all of our friends and family who so quickly added my boss, CC Edwards to their prayers after his sudden cardiac arrest Friday. It was humbling to Cindy and I to witness so many people willing to dedicate a few seconds to praying for someone they've never met... Thank you to all of you!

Now for the great news!

Scans of his brain show no damage at all!

A check of his heart also shows no damage!

Saturday afternoon he returned to consciousness, but they thought they'd keep him in the ICU for 2-3 days. Sunday morning he not only moved out of the ICU, but transferred to a different hospital for better access to quality followup care.

CC is conscious, eating, talking... We hope to be able to visit him tomorrow some time.

Thanks again to all who added their prayers to ours - there were several "amazing coincidences" that helped him out over the past few days. For us, it was great to witness the power of prayer!

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful news Mike and Cindy. I know that prayers really are heard and I am so glad that we united. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike & Cindy,
    Thanks for the update on CC Edwards!! God is Good all the time !! Thank you,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love stories like that. We will still keep him in our prayers for a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have two heidi's reading your blog. This is the niece one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was happy to keep him in my prayers. I love knowing there is something I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!