Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Don't Know Art, But I Know What I Like

Finally, an art sculpture I'd be proud to have in my drawing room! (ya know, like if I HAD a drawing room...)

Part of an exhibition at New York's Museum of Arts and Design called "Second Lives: Remixing the Ordinary," is this one, called "Sound Wave" made out of records in various states of warpage.

Having melted more than my fair share of records in my lifetime, it does my heart good to see something beautiful come from their ability to dramatically change shape when subjected to heat.

It'll probably never happen, but I hope this exhibit comes to my local art museum!

7 comments:

  1. That is cool! I love the name of it.

    Wow mike, between Heidi and sweet Elisabeth and now your amazing boss you have a lot of prayers leaving your home! I will add CC to my personal list and please continue to keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodnesss I did not put your mom on that list...how is she doing? I got the last update on Susan's blog. Wow your families plate is full right now. Thank goodness for families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that would be really fun to make. I have never melted a record, but that sounds like a pastime I would sign up for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool Mike. I love the look too. Is that picture upside down on the wall? Interesting.

    Oh, so glad you got my ACORN joke. Not to many did at first. I totally visualized you spewing out your breakfast I think that was it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is cool Mike. The ultimate in recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they are all "New Wave" records...gafaw. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!