Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What A Difference A Year Makes!

(By Mike Brinkerhoff - from Keeping Up With The Brinkerhoffs)

Right now, we're in the middle of a very nostalgic, emotional time... It was just over a year ago that we announced we would be adopting a baby girl - and very quickly, too!

It was one year ago today that we received some devastating news, got cold feet, and called the whole thing off. (click here for the heartbreaking details) I literally had tears streaming down my face and a knot the size of Texas in my stomach as I wrote that.

Words can't express how thankful Cindy and I are that we came to our senses after about 24 hours, and re-committed to our beautiful future daughter. We made an unconditional commitment, and our faith was rewarded almost instantly. (click here for the triumphant return to adoption!)

It seems like each day right now marks the anniversary of some significant moment, but to keep us from dwelling in the past, Danee is on an AMAZING progress streak!

Since I never got around to posting the 9 month video I made, here's a quick look at how she's doing now, a full year after we almost missed out on her!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for that leap of faith a year ago. What a blessing for ALL of our lives!

    Thank you beautiful little Danee for all that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a little miracle baby girl! Before you know it she will be taking driving lessons from dad in a real car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yes! Whenever you guys want your family photos taken I am ready! We can do it sooner or later or anytime in between! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at her on that car! She's a pro! How did she get so big so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that disturbing post like it was yesterday. I felt sick at the thought of you guys deciding against the adoption. It almost felt like an abortion to me. I didn't want to say much about it though since it was a very personal decision, and I didn't want to impose my feelings. But I wasn't surprised that you quickly changed your minds. How scary to think that there was even a fraction of a chance for little Danee to not be the newest member of the Brinkerhoff family. I love you all and I will enjoy every minute of watching Miss Danikins grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I miss that little girl!!! She's looking great guys! You'll have to bring her back so we can see her again! It's been too long since we've all seen you!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!