Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Random Crap

Once again, I'm typing this with a tiny baby on my chest... She just drank a couple ounces, and has yet to burp. I think she's intentionally holding them in, or letting them out silently, so that I'll keep holding her!

There are a bunch of bloggable thoughts swirling around my head right now, so I'm going to fling a few of them up on the wall and see if they stick...

First, inspired by the title of this post, I just realized that I never posted my latest Bag o' Crap goodness from Woot! I scored this most recent bag on December 11, but then with all the excitement of bringing Danee home and settling in, I forgot to talk about it here. I'm surprised by that, because it was a pretty decent haul this time.

First, the box was a pretty good size.



First peek!



A Bag o' Crap tradition is counting how many bags of Texas Air you got. This was a great haul, with 21 bags of Lone Star Breathing!



Second peek, without all that air in the way...



Wow, not bad at all!! I should mention, when the Bag o' Crap arrives, it's an event the whole family gets excited about! Kaylee, Andy and Tyler were very eager to model my treasures.



In addition to the 21 bags of air, I received two red, white & blue baseball hats, which were instantly confiscated by the kids, an ipod travel charging accessory kit, which I gave to Ellysa's friend (I don't do apple, so it was worthless to me), a 2nd handset and charging base to an AT&T multi-handset cordless phone which seems like it would be a really nice phone if I had the MAIN base, that would make it actually work, and to top it off, a Samsung digital camera that regularly goes for around $200! It briefly powered on, but appeared to have a dead battery, and no cable to charge it with... But that's why they make Ebay! Six dollars later, I have a cable on its way to me, and hopefully the camera will work once it's charged. Oh yeah, the "bag" in the "bag o' crap" was a pretty respectable camera bag, which if the camera works, will probably be used to hold the camera!

(end random thought number one)

(begin random thought number two)

Still with me after all that crap? Good! As I mentioned in my last late night post, Danee had another weigh in yesterday. She initially tipped the scale at 4 pounds, 15 and a half ounces. Juuuuust shy of 5 pounds. Then she drank a bottle, so the doctor said "Hey, let's weigh her again!" and this time she came in at 5 pounds, 1 ounce! Our little rockstar is finally a 5 pounder!! And she looks SO CUTE!! She has gotten chubby, chubby cheeks, half a dozen chins, and as I exclaimed when changing her diaper tonight, she also has roly poly thighs!!
(wow, I don't think I've ever written out "roly poly" before - it looks wrong! Good thing I'm too tired to care!)

That's it for this edition of Random Crap... Danee's back in her bed, and once again I have a date with the racketball court at 4:45 in the morning. So I'll leave you with a picture of 5 Pounds of Babyluvs, and I'm off to bed!

9 comments:

  1. Yay for five pounds! I'm sure she'll keep packing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, she is so so so cute. I love how her cheeks are starting to fill out and get that chubby look. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that picture really doesn't even capture her new face... It's changing so much every day! This morning right before I left for work, I was just staring at her - I could not believe how beautiful she is, and how much her face has filled out!

    Can't wait to bring her over to the TC and let her meet all her cousins!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute, and she's changing to much. I love this little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder Mike, do you suppose those people who are lucky enough to score a flat screen TV off of woot have to put up with no remote and no book of instructions? I'm starting to think that the stuff they send is stuff that would have gone to the garbage bin. Not to rain all over your crappy wooting parade, I am just wondering.
    Danee, is just getting cuter and cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The people who score the big TVs in their Random Crap have always gotten the real deal, whole thing. Woot wouldn't pay the shipping on something that was broken, and the $5 shipping charge doesn't even come close to covering a big TV.

    They call it "Random Crap". It truly is. There are several warnings in the description, that you will be getting crap... For me, it's the thrill of the chase, and like playing the lottery, there's always the chance you'll get something nice. If this camera cable is all I'm missing, then I've gotten a $200 camera for under $15, plus a couple hats, and that ipod charging crap... which I was able to give to someone who truly appreciates it.

    There are always people who complain about the crap they get in their bag of crap, which is just ridiculous. Nobody makes you hit the "Buy it" button - you're paying for crap, and you'll likely get crap... And I'm well aware of it every time I buy!

    But, just for the record, the non "Random Crap" stuff Woot sells is definitely NOT a gamble, it's exactly as advertised, and I've bought enough stuff from them to know for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well good. And don't worry I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you to get crapped on by a brand new 40 inch flat screen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm crossing MY fingers that I get crapped on by a brand new 40 inch flat screen!

    Nice Crap man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is meant to be without a tone of covetousness in my voice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is Caring! Plus, it really makes our day!